Need Advice!

sooty22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Morning Peeps! Fed my cat Sooty about 05:30am as he would not leave me alone and I came back up to bed to sleep and within 10mins (I was extremely lucky to have my face buried) he attacked my head with his claws and bit me a few times on my crown. His age is unknown due to being a rescue 2 years ago but vets thinks he's about 10 or 12 yrs old. He has arthritis in both his back legs. This is the first time he's ever attacked me like this before. I will be taking him to the vets but I just wondered if anyone had experienced this before in their feline friend? I think he may have some Siamese in him not sure if that breed can be unpredictable?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Siamese are hyper & love/need to play. Was he attacking or playing (an not realizing he was hurting you?) My cats have never done this. Maybe someone else has some ideas?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sooty22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His vision is very poor & vet has advised me not let him outside otherwise he will get disorientate & will get lost. So have to put him on a lesh so he can get fresh air. Im only guessing he may have Siamese in him cos of his meow. He's not a particularly very playful just wants cuddles, he filled me around when I home.
He hisses at me to so I reckon it was an attack not playful side of him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
By feeding your cat when he pesters you a routine is being established that he likes. So if you want to change his behavior, I would shut him out of your room as soon as he starts up and not feed him until you are ready to get up. Given his age, though, he definitely needs the vet visit and full older cat work up.