Need advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshiness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hyderabad is the city i live in and i dont really think so.a friend of mine got her cat spayed but that was in thr capital city and it is very far away. When i grow up, i am planning to open an animal shelter in my city. Hopefully, i will do something for a change then:)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, cats do not stop reproducing. We had a recent thread where the mom had one kitten at age 11. She had no milk so it was hand-reared with formula. Prior to that she had a litter that perished due to no milk. The mom now has cancer.

Reproductive cancers are commin in both male and female cats who are not spayed and neutered. Back to back litters are very hard on mom, and of course, each kitten eventually gains sexual maturity, and the cycle continues.

It is a miserable life for cats. Even your strays need to eat more than once per day.

It is admirable that you hope to someday open an animal shelter.

sunshiness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes but the cats are in huge amounts. My mom will kill me if i will buy more cat food then i already do. But luckily the stray go out and the local meat shop helps because he gives them food too. Actually the stray all live in the garden and roam around the whole neighbourhood and come back when its food time so luckily they get enough but not as much as they deserve. Here is a pucture of one of my momma stray cat and her kitten. They are one of those cats who will never let you touch them.

Thanks for all the help uptil now. I will search for animal clinics near my city which neuter cats. Luckily,i will find one. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunshiness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the good news is that the kitten with only one eye open has opened his other eye. it is still small compared to the other opened eye but i think it will develop so yes all of my worry is gone. A huge thank you to all of you for your help. This website is truly a cat lover's paradise 
 Thankyou once again :)

sunshiness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Thanks for all the help before. The kittens are all well and great but i was wondering what would be the proper age to seperate the kittens from mom because i have found adoption houses for all 3 kittens (i am keeping only one) so that means doodles will still have 1 baby but the rest 3 wont be there. I was wondering whether when they are 2 months old a good time to give the kittens to new families because that is when i got doodles :)

Also is it okay if a cat ate a lizard? My outdoor cat just ate one in front of me... pretty ugly... but yeah will she be finee?

Thanke for all the help againn :)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A grown cat can usually handle a lizard. If not, they will vomit later. Lizards can make cats sick though. I would discourage the cat from eating lizards if possible.

8 weeks is the absolute minimum. 10-12 is best because the kittens learn manners from mom and make better pets.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Minimum age that kittens should be separated from their mother and littermates is 10 weeks (2 1/2 months). 8 weeks can be OK in a pinch but they really are better pets if their mama teaches them manners for a longer time.

sunshiness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright! Thanks a ton :)) I will make sure that i give the kittens away possibly after two and a half months but it will be tough considering all the adopters are my friends and they cant wait to hold them but yeah thanks :)

ALSO A HUGE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP. YOU GUYS ARE LIKE CAT SUPER HEROES! [emoji]10084[/emoji]