Need Advice On Kittens Who Seem To Not Be Growing

maichelle1996

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I volunteer and fostering for a local rescue. I currently have 4 ten week old kittens that were orphaned and they were six weeks old. Mom was hit by car and kittens were rescued. Kittens seemed healthy at first but within days started having G I problems. All had really hard poop and did not want to eat much. Trip to the vet. Vet checked them over gave fluids, Probiotics and wormed them but that was it. With in a few days they got better. Few days later one of the kittens seemed off again, not wanting to eat but got better within a few days on his own. Now Everyone seems to be eating well but I’ve noticed no one really seems to be gaining weight like they should. Now since the kittens were born outside I don’t really know how old they are BUT I’ve had them for three weeks and they have only gained 3 or 4 oz. We think they are between 9-10 weeks old and not one kitten weighs 2 pounds yet. They are very active but just don’t seem to be growing the way they should. Thoughts? They have been wormed twice

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get raw goats milk. Sometimes it makes a difference.

And or a shade of raw honey... in drinking water or on them to lick off.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One rule of thumb I have read about feeding kittens is that if there are no left overs, they are not being fed enough. They should be eating kitten food until they are one year old. they are growing fast plus are much more active than a grown cat which also burns calories.

Kit
ten wet food several times a day, plus a bowl of kitten kibble available all the time. Maybe a saucer or two of kitten Milk Replacement (KMR). Also high in calories and protein.

Ke
ep us updated please! Thank you for your rescue work!

Last edited: