Need Advice on helping a stray cat

kitsey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww-poor little woggly cat! I think that she will come inside if given time. My little feral Mitten was bonded to her friend Budders, but when he disappeared, within a few months she started to bond to me, When she met my boy kitty though a baby gate, she wanted to move in. I spent weeks putting my cats in my bedroom and leaving my front door open for her to come and explore. Then she started coming in and letting me shut the door for 15 minutes, an hour, a 3 hour nap. Soon she was sleeping inside every night and meowing to go out in the morning. One day she never asked to go outside again. She's been inside a year and a half and though I am only allowed to touch her a little, she is safe and happy :) Time frame for her, she first let me pet her Feb 7th, 2011, and she was totally indoors of her own choice by May 24th, 2011. And she was 2 and a half years old when her companion disappeared.

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An indoor feral kitty asks for very little and can make amazing bonds of friendship with your other pets.   The only regret I have with my indoor feral is how hard it is for me to figure out how to take her to the vet as she is very trap savvy.   If you are okay with working out that part know that this little lady will ask very little other than some food and water and time with her buddy.