Need Advice, My cat somewho sliced his tongue open!

distillednikki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys, I need advice on this situation. I called my vet and he said that there was nothing he could do. My cat gizmo is an indoor cat and yesterday morning he escaped (somehow our front door swang open...long story). Anyway, when I woke up and realized this, I ran outside and he was sitting in the garden. He hissed at me (he never hisses) and ran around the yard....growled at me....then ran inside. He was acting very strange and aggressive. He eventually calmed down and I noticed that he was licking his lips and his tongue looks funny. Somehow he split his tongue, but has no other abbrasions at all, so I doubt it he was in a fight.

here is a link, I drew a small picture of what the cut looks like.

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ent=catton.jpg ( the link button is not working)

He seems to be eating fine and is acting normal...have any of you even heard of this happening and will it heal on it's own?

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should heal on its own.
Do you feed wet or dry? He will probably eat better if you can give him all wet for the next 5 or 6 days. Maybe even dilute the wet further with extra water.
In humans, we try to get them to rinse their mouth after eating. Since that isn't an option here, just make sure the water is changed frequently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

distillednikki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you so much for the advice. He is a dry food eater, but I am feeding him wet food now. I will put water in it, that is a good idea.