Need Advice Kitten stolen

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From all that you have described here it sounds like this guy took the kitten for revenge and to cause you grief, not because his son wanted a kitten. First of all if his son wanted a kitten, he wouldn't have left it sitting in a cage on the front poarch right in full view where you could see it all of the time. Second he wouldn't have left the collar on. He also made it a point to tell you that he would have you charged with tresspassing if you went on his property to retrieve the kitten. The collar was left on so that you knew that it was YOUR kitten that he had. He was taunting you. Third, he was throwing rocks at your dog.

It sounds like it was all personal against you and your husband, not anything special about the animals themselves.

I'm glad that the police finally came and hauled his butt to jail. If I were you I would also get a restraining order against him. He sounds like a nut job. Plus with a restraining order the police have no choice but to respond if you call them about his antics towards your family and animals. And TBH I really don't think that you have seen the last of problems with this guy. So please, ask for a restraining order.

Originally Posted by myndnbabies

Sorry I have not had a chance to get back on until now. My husband ended up not haveing to go up to the mans house last night. Last night was a mess. We also have a 3 pound pom. We had let her out to go potty and she started barking so I looked out the window like I always do when she barks and the guy that stole my daughters kitten was walking up the road in front of my house. Well he throwed a rock at my 3 pound pom. That was in the fenced in yard with no way to get out and get to him so my husband went out and they had words. I called the police. The police got here really fast and it just happend to be one of the few that are good and my husband knows him. We filled this officer in on what had went on with the kitten and now with the dog. He left and caught up with the man walking and got him and brought him back to our house to make sure he had the right guy. He then took the guy to his house and wanted to see the kitten. My daughters kitten still had her pink collar and her name tag on with our adderess on. So the officer brought the kitten back to us and took the guy to jail for theft. We still have to go sign a warrent on the guy for throwing the rock at our dog but we have the kitten back and she is now at my moms house safe where she will be staying at now. As for him thinking she was negleted she was not even though she was outside she had food and water and a cat house with a fan in it to keep her cool. I take very good care of my animals. She had not been chipped yet the vet was and still is going to chip her next month when she gets spayed. I am just so excited that we got her back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myndnbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could not have been for revenge! The guy just moved in about a month ago and this was the first time we had any kind of dealings with him. Also he lives at the end of the road so we do not have to go by his house. He was keeping her in the cage to keep her at his house instead of her comeing back to our house where she belonged. The lady that lives down the road near him told us that she knows his family and that no one in his own family gets along with him and that he is a free loader. He is in a rental house so hopefully he wont pay his rent and wont be there long.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you got you kittie back
, that guy may have some menatl health issues,who steal a cat, I also have a toy pom, how could he throw a rock at such a little dog, there is something wrong with him

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That man sounds psyco, for sure!!! I would be keeping an extra eye out for him and your 'lil pom!!

Glad to hear you got your kitty back.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just saw this post. I'm amazed at how ridiculous people are! It's just beyond me how someone can steal a cat "b/c they wanted it." AAAHHHH!

I'm so glad you got your kittie back. Please, please, please keep her away from that looney toon.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm sorry, but I have a serious problem with what the police are telling you.

It's not your job to go to court for a warrant, it's their job!!! They're just being lazy SOB's

That cat does have value! He essentially broke into your home (tresspassed on your private property) and took something that belonged to you.

And call the mayor's office and lodge a complaint about the police too.
I agree with this, and I love how Mark jumped on board with getting things solved...! The problem here, I think, as I've been reading the thread is that corrupt police in small towns generally (as we can see from this point of view) don't play by the books, and will then start harassing the people who are "out to get them." They don't very often "straighten up and fly right." The unfortunate thing is, in small towns, there's no one to moderate the "boys club"

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm glad that the police finally came and hauled his butt to jail. If I were you I would also get a restraining order against him. He sounds like a nut job. Plus with a restraining order the police have no choice but to respond if you call them about his antics towards your family and animals. And TBH I really don't think that you have seen the last of problems with this guy. So please, ask for a restraining order.
I think you need to get a restraining order too...

Originally Posted by myndnbabies

It could not have been for revenge! The guy just moved in about a month ago and this was the first time we had any kind of dealings with him. Also he lives at the end of the road so we do not have to go by his house. He was keeping her in the cage to keep her at his house instead of her comeing back to our house where she belonged. The lady that lives down the road near him told us that she knows his family and that no one in his own family gets along with him and that he is a free loader. He is in a rental house so hopefully he wont pay his rent and wont be there long.
and I'd find out who rents that house to him and send an anonymous newspaper article listing the incident (most small towns do a "these people were arrested for these things on this day" section, along with whatever else you can find that would be public info..to his landlord.