Need advice/help with rescued kittens.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how sad! Poor little baby. I do hope he makes it. Just comfort and love him. Do your best. He knows that he is loved and that is most important. It is just so sad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adykes37

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, Tarzan didn't make it. He passed away last night around 7:30, my daughter is taking really hard, he is the one she was growing attached to. I don't understand what happened. He had started to eat a lot better, he was willingly eating 10ml every 2 hours and he was starting to perk up and move around again. This afternoon I went to feed him and he wouldn't even move his little head to look at me, he just kept crying like he was in pain and that's what he did until he couldn't hang in there anymore. I did notice that they was a lot of tan colored feces all over him when I moved him, it did have  a slight odor but not to bad.

adykes37

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi that's great.there are a lot more up to date members here with kitten information.It has been a very long time for me.But I know Poo.And just that added liquid you can see the difference.Excellent that you are observant & always remain that way.I see a kitten diagnosed with Mega Colon almost every day,some in foreign countries being euthanized.Truly an epidemic out there & ugly..It is not fun .Good job!!!!Others would have way more information & expertise on what to give.Hugs C.
Most definitely! My animals are my babies too and this little guy I have grown particularly bonded with. 

adykes37

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know that the recommended brand from the kitten experts/advisors has been the PetAg brand in the powdered form. I believe most WalMarts sell it and I know you can get it at PetSmart also.

You will soon be able to offer this kitten canned food mixed with the KMR to form a mush to transition him to solids.

There are some great articles under the pregnant cat and kitten forums and also some wonderful threads if you haven't already read through some.

Have you had a chance to take the kitten to be checked by a vet yet?
PetAg is what I was using at first, it seems to go very fast around here, I haven't been able to find it since the first time. I give him about a teaspoon of wet kitten food mixed with some formula once a day now, is it to soon? He still gets his bottle, he is now eating 1oz about every 5-6 hours. I haven't been able to get him in yet, we don't get paid until Tuesday but he is definitely going then, the other kitten that was with him passed away tonight, I have been fighting to keep him alive for a few days now and I guess he just couldn't fight anymore :(

momofmaxwell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Adykes.

I'm so sorry...At this point will your vet not work with you until payday? That is so far away....Hopefully someone with more experience as per feeding will help you the better now.My Fosters of the ferals I trap that have babies sometimes momma is killed & they do have to bottle feed.Did you try over at the site the other member mentioned for ideas?.I would say anything now as long as it goes done safely.I Dr.Googled this in case of emergency but actually you should repost Honey emergency.Watching my Fosters bottle feed I believe they are doing it every 3-4 hrs,But don't quote me on it.Are there any rescues near you????

http://www.kittencare.com/Feeding_Kittens.html 

Please read this & repost needing help now.it won't make it unless it has nourishment & enough of it.

Hugs C.

mizzmagoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You and your daughter did a lovely thing, hang on to that, little guy got lots a love and care and comfort. Just a short time here, but what he had was in a loving home. You guys gave him that xxx so so sorry he didn't make it! Big big hugs, love, strength and smiles...and my tears are for that little trooper x

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry on your loss of Tarzan. It is truly sad! Both you and your daughter loved that little kitty and did all you could for him. His life was so short, but he did love warmth an love. He knew that he mattered and someone cared. That is what most kitties want and you gave that to him. You and your daughter showed him comfort and love. I wish the outcome had been a happier one. Just know that you gave him your best, and that is all any of us can do. I hope the other kitty is doing well.
RIP Sweet Tarzan!
You were greatly loved and will always be remembered!