Need Advice! Friend may put healthy cat "to sleep"!

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's a cutie
Congrats on getting him back, you did the right thing. Now you know he's going to be taken good care of for the rest of his life

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I loved the slide show, and I'm happy Salem is back. He's an absolute beauty. I'm a little worried about what will happen when she tires of those puppies-turned-dogs...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This story has me bawling. First over the poor baby in the basement, and now, the happy ending!

thanks for sharing the video with us. He was at your friends house for 7 years? He wasn't in the basement that whole time?

he's beautiful.
and you are an Angel. How are the introductions going?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycats3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi-yes, he was living a good life at my friend's house for 6 1/2 years. (I ALWAYS kept in touch, visited, etc, as he was part of our family). Things went downhill when she got those puppies, and he was a poor "basement boy" for a few months (so I was told). As soon as I found this out, I made the move to get him back-her comment about putting him down shocked me to the core-as if him living alone down her basement was not bad enough!
As far as the introductions, I took it slow. He has a "safe room", my guest bedroom, where he stayed for a few days with the door closed. Then I opened the door and his curious siblings started checking out the new cat smells in the room. Then, to my surprise, it only took a few more days for all to hang out together, in all areas of the house. The greatest moment was when he woke me in the morning by nuzzling and kneading on me, with his brother Romeo just a few inches away on the bed. That's when I knew all would be well. I wonder if, after so many years, that they remember, or know somehow that they are siblings! His sister Baby-girl is a tad standoffish, but that's getting better everyday. And as far as my "old man" Woo-Boo, he accepted him immediately, with a kind of bored attitude towards Salem. My only heartbreak now is that his mom Cleo never got to see him again. She passed away last March after a horrendous reaction to her rabies vaccination.
Needless to say, these are all strictly inddor cats, all pretty much "seniors", whom none of which will EVER be getting vaccinated again-law or not!!!!!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad it worked out so well, and they all accepted each other right away. Since you say you did visit Salem in his other home, his smell was probably already familiar to the other cats.

Unfortunately cats lose their homes to puppies all to often. It enrages me.