Need advice for the neighborhood

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A neighbor of ours is actually a vet. She lives just across the street. But when I try to consult with her, especially about cats, I always felt and that she acts as if we are being a bother to her. She does holds clinic in her house, but she handles mostly dogs, and on appointments only, for us in the neighborhood you would often have to catch her assistant when she's outside throwing the trash to get a word to her. As their door is always curtained close.

Each vet, their own attitudes and preferences I guess. I am not even sure if they took a hippocratic oath.
Just like we do a Veterinarian does take a similar oath to do no harm- unfortunately & unlike in the Medical Field it does not hold any contractual legal binding obligatory duties..... sad,isn't it?

ImaRobot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're in America or ?These are the outside cats/strays you're talking about,right ?You've got alot of sick cats around there ,huh? Why are these people letting their cats out- you must be heartbroken - can you pass out or post some kind of announcement to warn people not to let their kitties out,are they not taking this seriously -,seems no one is trying to help except you...gee,around my County the rescue orgs volunteers would be all over thst neighborhood before someone called Animal Control and they'd make a clean sweep of an infected group and then we know what happens then

Is there anyone who csn help you get these felines help plus try to stop this infection from spreading even further- this is like a pandemic,these poor little animals
I believe someone noted that they're in the Philippines early in the thread, and also did see that he was talking about currency in Pesos, which the Philippines also use. I'm guessing that's where the differences are falling.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe someone noted that they're in the Philippines early in the thread, and also did see that he was talking about currency in Pesos, which the Philippines also use. I'm guessing that's where the differences are falling.
I can understand that situation if in fact the person in question hails from the Philippines. My DW is from there. Cats there in the Philippines Don't get the same respect that dogs do. In general people go to lengths to save a dog but not a Cat. As dogs are kept for security purposes.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand that situation if in fact the person in question hails from the Philippines. My DW is from there. Cats there in the Philippines Don't get the same respect that dogs do. In general people go to lengths to save a dog but not a Cat. As dogs are kept for security purposes.
Unfortunately, Philippines isn't the only country where this happen... And I am talking about "western countries".
Dogs are useful under many aspects and are felt like family, cats are just there for fancy, they rarely serve any service, they don't bond as a dog does, and they can be easily replaced.