Need Advice for Bottle Fed Kitten

mimsymomo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@KittenMother

So happy to hear about the little dude. He's such a handsome baby. He sounds so much better already. You're doing a wonderful, awesome job! It must be exhausting, but thank you for being so determined. Kittens are such precious little gems! Keep us updated. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear of his improvement, and happy to help!

Vets sometimes have little hands-on experience with tiny kittens, unless they work in rescue. That's why our forum is so good - many of us have been there and can offer ideas that come from experience, not a textbook.

I'm thrilled at how much he's eating, and with his interest in the Getber! I'll bet he's feeling so much better too!

Great job!

Does your friend have a kitchen scale to weigh him? Keep me posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenmother

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for all the support! The past couple days have been busy for me, juggling work and the kittens. I'm pleased to report I've seen a huge improvement in my little man though! He is now officially 11 ounces, and he just looks so much better. I know he's still got a ways to go, but he is definitely on the mend. He's eating 20 mls per feeding, and eating the Gerber every other meal. He's one of the sweetest cats I've encountered. He follows me around the house, and his favorite place to sleep is on my shoulder or on my chest with his little head tucked up against my neck. He's also a smart little thing, he's beginning to use the litter box now. I'm so glad I came here for advice, he's a fighter!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is so heartwarming! He is just adorable. He regards you as his mama - aww!

I'm so glad to hear that he's eating so much - both formula and Gerber. He surely has come a long way, thanks to your excellent care! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenmother

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wanted to stop by and give a very overdue update. Also, a huge, huge thank you again to those who helped me when I had given up hope. I didn't think it was possible, but after getting his appetite back, my little guy had a pretty awesome growth spurt and caught up to his siblings. He has also been adopted into an excellent home with a good friend of mine. I was very tempted to keep him with me, we went through a lot together and are both attached. However, I have two cats of my own, and he chose his own adoptive family for me, with a friend of mine who comes by the house often. He's pretty easy to fall in love with, although I am a little biased. I appreciate all the support here, you guys definitely saved a life!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How heartwarming to hear this. He was such a sweetie! I'm so glad he is healthy and has a wonderful home with a friend who can give you updates.

Thanks for letting us know! [emoji]128149[/emoji]