Need advice! Feral cats needs help

Jkb312

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I been feeding this feral cat for a year and I notice a few days ago his eye look different but yesterday his face was swollen on that side .. I have call Humane society and they said they have no vet this week .. I call my vet they said I have to trap him .. there is no way I can do that .. I call paws still waiting on them .. can I get a antibiotic for him and where can I get one?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can try looking for local rescue centers/groups and ask for their assistance with either trapping him or possible home remedies. I doubt you will find anyone who will 'openly' give you antibiotics without a prescription. If you have the Next-Door Neighbor web site, you could ask for help from some local cat lovers who might have spare medicines on hand as a lot of these folks take care of feral cats. Some of these same folks might be willing to help you trap him too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jkb312

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can try looking for local rescue centers/groups and ask for their assistance with either trapping him or possible home remedies. I doubt you will find anyone who will 'openly' give you antibiotics without a prescription. If you have the Next-Door Neighbor web site, you could ask for help from some local cat lovers who might have spare medicines on hand as a lot of these folks take care of feral cats. Some of these same folks might be willing to help you trap him too.
Thank you so much! I do have the nest door neighbors app I will try and ask and see what he’ll I can get thank you

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
can I get a antibiotic for him and where can I get one?
It's a very bad idea to give an animal an antibiotic without getting them seen by a vet first. You don't know what you are dealing with, different infections need different kinds of treatment, the correct dosage depends on the animals weight and you don't know if the animal has any other medical conditions which may be adversely affected by whatever you are giving them.

At best it won't do them much good and at worst if could harm them.

The best way to get a feral cat seen by a vet is to use a humane trap. If you are feeding him regularly it's not that difficult. You can borrow or rent traps from most shelters or buy one from Tractor Supply.

Everything You Need To Know About TNR (trap-neuter-release) - TheCatSite Articles