Need advice, fast!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone! Just a little progres report...

L'il Stinker has been sleeping in my room with me the last 2 nights. It's easy to see he was VERY lonely outside with no brothers, sisters, or mother to be with when he was so young. He hops into bed, nuzzles right up to me and will come and paw gently at my face. He stays with me the whole night!

With my other kitties well...the going's alot slower and tougher. Stinker wants to be friends with all of them! He trots over, ears pricked up and stubby tail pointing into the air...but all my guys are hissing and growling at him right now. No fighting, but the occasional cuff if Stinker tries to insist too much.

I hope that with time, they will learn to accept him. He's areally affectionate, loving little guy.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All the hissing is normal!  Sounds like things are progressing nicely. Your kitty family is gorgeous. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW that is so great to here and YES, he WILL win them over. He sound's SOOOOOO sweet and is SOOOOO handsome. Just make sure to give your other kitties extra, extra love right now. Much luck and keep posting :D

Last edited:

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
L'il Stinker is doing ok, folks. He is still a little excited when he sees his new sisters and brothers, and the males have adapted to him rather well (either "tolerating" him or running away, Stinker in tow!), but Scout and Trio, my two girls, will still hiss at him on sight. They do tend to sort of walk up to him and sniffle at his back though when he's not looking...

Generally he's still skittish around me...he won't let me get more than a few feet from him before he retreats a few feet, but every now and then he'll meow and ask for attention and let me slowly pet him. Once the purrs start, I can pick him up and he's very relaxed. I noticed a little cut behind his left ear this morning, probably from one of the good swats he's gotten from either Tar Pit or Plucky. Nothing very serious, I cleaned it up and he is just fine.

I'll get some more picture of him soon. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES more pictures :pix: FYI - :lol3: My Perkins who is about eighteen months old now STILL runs off from us. It is just his way. He LOVES head butts and bumping. SO when I want to give him lovin', I put my hands behind my back and sort of slump over with my head going directly at him :rofl:. He LOVES this and comes crashing into my head. Then I can slowly take my hand and give him loads of pets. He is not a lap by any stretch. I love him dearly, regardless. OH the girl's.... they seem to be the very last to welcome in a new family member. For my Perla - she still despises Wendall and it has been eight month's :nothappy: You just never know who will really get along and who will just tolerate. I have seen these relationship's change over time though. That is my HOPE :lol3: with Perla and Wendall. ;)

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well things have gone exceedingly well with L'il Stinker if I do say so myself!!  After a week of tense but approachable behavior, my other cats have pretty much made their peace with him...and he has absolutely fallen in LOVE with Tar Pit! Like a little brother, Stinker follows him *everywhere*, always trying to get cuddles or to nestle in with him.

Tar Pit seems to actually like it, even when Stinker tries to squeeze onto the same kitchen chair that "Pitters" is napping on, or to squirm into the same small cardboard box with him. They also love to give each other baths. Right now, Stinker is alternately licking or chewing on Tar Pit's ear as it pokes out of the box. One thing's for sure, wherever Tar Pit is, Stinker will only be a few steps behind.

He's still skittish around me but I am ok with that. He's only beein in his new home for a little over a week now. I'm just thrilled to see him adapting and making friends after being alone for so much of his itty bitty kitten life. 

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Face of Tar Pit is like not so feral version of my Mauku

Seems not to be only similarity as here it tends to get rather cold during winter too and we seem to have similar number of indoor cats.
All of your cats looks so comfortable and relaxed, really nice work! I hope that mine could get as relaxed too so I could at least get some kind of photos from them, poor things like to hide from camera most of the time

Amazing how quickly Little Stinker get used to indoor living, but they are individuals indeed, even kittens from same litter are not the same in there how easily they get used to humans, that is what I have found with mine, it is really nice how things did go with this kitten
Yes, Mauku looks a LOT like Tar Pit!! Even down to the little dot on his nose!! He's a real looker. I'm always kissing him right on the snout. =P

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: YAY great update about Lil' Stinker :happy3:... AND Tar Pit !!!!!!!!!! AWWWWW I am so happy to hear this. Best buddies too - how wonderful. Don't worry - patience and love and then in time Lil' Stinker will start to trust you and feel more comfortable with your approach. Just let him decide on how much and how soon. Your doing SO great with this situation :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to have to "necro" this thread. I'm just hurting right now and didn't know what else to do, I can't think straight.

Stinker's been in my home for a little under 6 months now, and he's at the vet's. The diagnosis is possible infectious peritonitis. I'm sitting here amazed at how much space he took up in my life so quickly, even with 4 other cats in the house...and I may have to make the decision to pout him down. He's only been at the vets for 24 hours...what will it be like when he's gone? :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart is sad for you :sniffle: It is SO true how they "fill" up our lives and worm their way into our hearts :heart3: He is absolutely a beautiful boy!! I saw your other thread and put some articles in it about FIP. Let's hope it is not that :cross: Sending mega hugs and vibes your way tonight. For Stinker :rub: :heart3: :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: