Need advice about Ronidazole PLEASE!!

sherry ferber

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's the thing, Kit never did have diarrhea!  We just thought they had giardia from the stool samples.  It is actually Kaboodle that threw up and had diarrhea and she has the cryptosporidium and giardia and she HATES he first round of meds which were compounded into liquid....so now I am giving her some baby food right after as a treat and she likes that a lot, it is going to be torture to do this to her for a week, then we switch to compounded flagyl for another week.  I am wearing the gloves and remarkably, Kit is a star at letting me pill her.....Boo just wants to get away......I feel badly but know this is my job to do and that the rewards will be great and since they are indoors this should never occur again.  I do have a compounding pharmacy within driving distance that my holistic vet uses and is confident about.  I just wonder why, if the meds are compounded they still taste so foul to her.  Thanks again for any experience and advice you are sharing with me.  I am very appreciative.