Young Cat
Purraise
They are snugglers!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's a huge relief to hear they are both doing so well :). I was concerned when you did not update. I'm glad to know the vet had recent kitten experience!

The dewormer will help, and a solid stool is really good news. They may not be interested in wet food for another week or two since they are small. I'm just pleased they are doing well.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbandow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I would give a quick update on Agatha and Milo! They are 6 weeks as of today and they seem to be growing and doing well! They both have zero interest in my weaning attempts so that is getting a bit frustrating and we are starting to battle some constipation BUT other than that things are going well! I love them to bits and I feel so grateful that they made it this far!

mbandow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was trying to attach a photo but it won't let me right now!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad to hear they continue to do well :).

You can add a few drops of olive or vegetable oil to their bottles to help with constipation. It helps to soften things up.

Have you tried mixing pate-style wet food with formula to make a mush? You can also soften kitten chow with KMR. Or try Gerber turkey or chicken baby food on your finger. The key is to offer the mush before the bottle when they are most hungry. Otherwise, I feel confident they will wean soon. Most kittens start out with mush and bottles, and eventually go to just solids. They'll get there!

mbandow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I have been trying wet kitten good mixed with milk but have zero interest! And as of yesterday they have started chewing on the nipple a lot so feeding them is becoming tedious. They will eat 5-10 ML each and then they start playing around with each other and biting the nipple. I have noticed they both appear to have all their teeth so I KNOW they could eat if they wanted to! But they won't even lap up milk or water....GRRRR! I know I have probably not done a great job of helping them cultivate good habits because I basically feed them whenever they want.

They have started to use the litter some but mainly just for urination and not consistently. They don't pee on the floor I just have a habit of stimulating them before they eat so maybe I should stop doing that so they can use the litter? Also Milo's constipation ended last night when she took a massive poop on the floor! I am starting to get scared that I have spoiled the little critters too much and I just hope they don't start being this bratty all the time!

mbandow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I would give a little update of my love bugs. They will be 8weeks on Wednesday and they are thriving! I still bottle fees them KMR about 5 times a day because they refuse to drink water but they are starting to eat some canned kitten food if I mix it with tuna! They are very playful and some days I forget what life was like before them! At some point Milo is supposed to go live with my brother and sister in law but I have grown so attached and they are the best of friends so I am not sure if I will be able to let him go but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. For now I am enjoying being a kitty mother and I am so grateful for the support and advice I received from those on this site! God Bless [emoji]128570[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sweet [emoji]128149[/emoji]. I don't blame you for wanting to keep them both together!

Last edited: