Need a prayer/vibe or two (health)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Doesn't it feel great to have it gone?

Now come the vibes for it to be nothing at all...

Did they say you could have an ice pack? That helped my father a lot...
I don't know... I haven't read the after-care instructions completely yet. But it hasn't really been hurting... I have no idea when the anesthetic wore off... if I touch the bandaid, I can feel 'something' but not real pain... I have always had a very high threshold for pain... when I popped my kneecap out (went right back in) attempting to play tennis many years ago, I didn't realize I'd done anything for two days... I just don't feel 'low pain.'

So the anticipation begins... is it nothing? something, but benign? or something icky? only time (1-2 weeks) will tell.

Okay... I'm gonna take more meds and crawl back under my microplush blankie on the bed. I had JoJo playing nurse a little while ago, by curling up right next to my head... she knows I'm not at 100% between the cold and all... she sniffed at my hair and face where the sticky-backed plastic stuff was during the procedure. (you know, that stuff they place around the are to be worked on that sticks to the skin, so you don't get all bloody there... nice invention... trying to explain blood at the grocery store would've been interesting).

Back to bed...

Amanda

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is sending so many positive vibes your way that everything turns out ok. Try not to think about it, I know that is not easy to do, but try at least, 2 weeks can be soooo long under these circumstances.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the results!
As for taking care of the wound, for minimizing scarring I think you're supposed to keep it moist, use Vitamin E cream, and not move the area too much. Do you think you can not talk for a few weeks?
Hope it heals well!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Good luck with the results!
As for taking care of the wound, for minimizing scarring I think you're supposed to keep it moist, use Vitamin E cream, and not move the area too much. Do you think you can not talk for a few weeks?
Hope it heals well!
Once the stitches come out next week, I can do scar-minimizing stuff... until then, no moisture.

Not talking... HA! Like that'll ever happen. I rarely shut up... Here's a couple pics of JoJo playing nurse to me... You can see the massive white band-aid just under my jaw. Most of what you see is 15 pound kitty-rumpus, but there's no one else here to take pictures...

Guarding her human from the evil camera... you can see the white bandage...

Nurse JoJo giving Purrs, a long standing tradition in healing humans.

Amanda

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww JoJo ...... thats so sweet. My kitties are like that when I am under the weather. There is nothing better

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I guess the anesthetic has completely worn off... not extremely painful, but if i move my head, or brush my hand against it, I get a mildly painful sensation (scale of 1-10, probably about a 3 or thereabouts, so not bad). Doc told me to use Bayer or ibuprofen... but all i have is Aleve... the others don't typically work that well for my more aggressive pain points (back, feet, headaches), actually even Aleve is slowly losing it's effectiveness...

I'll take one tonight and then when i go pick up the cats' prescription tomorrow, I'll try and remember some Bayer.

Okay... I think I'm ready for the couch now... done with the napping on the bed for the day...

Amanda

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
before my surgery, when i could still take NSAIDs, i found the most effective thing was to take a combination... i.e., exedrin, ibuprofen & ketoprofen all at the same time. i tried the naproxen sodium, as well, but didn't find that my results improved w/it in the mix, so i discontinued it.
depending on your frequency of use & your weight you might try this... 1-2 of each painkiller [exedrin & the knockoffs have aspirin, caffeine & acetominiphen].
ketoprofen [assuming it's still available] is Orudis KT, btw.