Need a new dry food with no chicken

jean-e

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Faledae Salmon dry is what I feed my cat. but I'm trying to find a low cal, dry with no chicken.   Jean

vgb001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pure Vita has a dry food, Salmon flavor, that has no chicken. Also their canned beef stew has no chicken.

Not easy to find - check with boutique type pet stores and also on line. These are also grain free foods.

Also contact the manufacturer to find retailers:

~~Tuffy’s Pet Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 190 145 1st Ave N Perham, MN 56573 Phone 1-800-525-9155

Virginia

onemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! I have just realised most kibbles or wet food do have chicken or chicken meal in them. Beside those that are already mentioned here, 2 more brands I have found without chicken meal:

Kibble
1) Feline Caviar (Grain Free) Indoor Cat Dinner - Venison
2) Fromm Cat Duck A La Veg - but it does have chicken broth, chicken fat, chicken cartilage

If you are considering wet:
1) Addiction Brushtail
2) Addiction Venison

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I quit looking when I realized how old the thread was, but I believe there were some in the regular NVI line (but you have to check) and also some in Wellness.  They both have excellent web pages which make it easy enough to do.

joei

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your input. My five year old Tabby has developed an allergic reaction to poultry and I have had a very hard time finding a cat food with no poultry products in it.

kwk1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you for your input. My five year old Tabby has developed an allergic reaction to poultry and I have had a very hard time finding a cat food with no poultry products in it.
I had the same problem, I now use Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient.. It comes in a few flavours, I use the rabbit.

For canned, I use BFF, as it has no chicken in some of them. I usually get the seafood ones.

Last edited:

1goldenlassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitty that started throwing up and serious diarrhea.  The vet treated her with B-12 injection & IV fluids to help her settle down, and Fortiflora to calm the tummy.  I was to give her Metronidazole capsules to stop the diarrhea.  I was able to hide 3 in a pill pocket, but she rejected the others.  A friend told me about a web site just for sensitive pets and their products have helped immensely.  Check out Vitality Science.com site.  I had them ship me the serious diarrhea and vomiting pack.  It is a little pricey, but the Comfort plus and probiotic capsules have gotten my 11-year old girl running around the house again.  It took about 3 weeks, but to see her like this, when I thought I was going to have to 'put her down,' is so amazing!  Give them a try.

Also, I quit feeding my girl dry food for the very reason that everything I've checked has chicken meal in it.  If I give it to her, the symptoms return; when I stop, she's back to normal.

I've gone to straight wet food and done great with Instinct brand.  She loves the lamb, venison, duck and rabbit.  It, too, is a bit pricey; but she's better, so I think it's worth it.  I use the FortiFlora and the Comfort plus with some water so she gets enough fluid.  Hope this helps.  God bless.

poznog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Your comment is very helpful! I have two cats with issues. One is diabetic and we think has pancreatitis. The fortiflora sounds like it might help. The other is allergic to all poultry and all fish. I have found only a few foods that do not contain either. They are Royal Canin as mentioned above, but I hate their foods! I think the quality has gone downhill. The others are the Instinct foods also mentioned above and Feline Caviar Venison. I also found a brand that is made in Iceland called Murr. All of their dry food is made with lamb, pork and beef! They have several different ones too! Hope that helps someone. 

atibamanii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Alley, not only threw up her food, but also was allergic to fowl--chicken, turkey, & duck--indicated by her incessant scratching around her mouth, sometimes to the point of bleeding. Her vet put her on Nature's Instinct RABBIT wet food & because I can only afford 1 small cat a day, I also leave dry food out all the time. Assuming the Rabbit Dry to be the same I bought it as well, but have now realized the dry has turkey! So I am also on the lookout for a dry WITHOUT chicken or turkey, or duck that I can afford. The guy at the corner pet shop & I sat on the floor reading every label until he finally located a fish dry without the offending ingredients. Alley appeared to love it in the beginning, but just like all dry, it does not stay fresh long & then stinks to high heaven! She won't even get near it anymore. So,I'm back to searching & thanks for the suggestions everyone, but the first was too expensive, I'd probably be wasting $$ getting another fish & the others had turkey or duck.

Anyone else have any ideas? I can't even find a beef without one of those 3 ingredients. 

Thnx in advance.

atibamanii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG! thanks so much! Will try the Feline Caviar! It's only $5 more than the instinct!

Danielle1128

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is allergic to fleas and throws up loss weight and has sores and she also throws up a lot they have to give her a steroid shot once a year due to this so just watch out but cats can be allegorical to food as well and do the same thing and they can be allergic to our laundry soap which I didn’t know till now so it’s interesting to hear what’s going on with other pets