Need a job?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's that time of year when our thoughts turn to Secret Santas, and Santas of all kinds. And what does that mean?

Toys! Lots of toys! And, as many of you know, I drive a truck for Toys R Us. This is the time of year when our company does almost all of its hiring. Want a decent job in retail? Need to earn some extra cash around Christmas? Want to experience screaming kids throwing fits in the aisles because they're not getting what they want? Oh...wait...that last one is not an advantage.

Anyway, if you live in the vicinity of a Toys R Us store or distribution center, you can go to the web site and put in an application. We hire LOTS (30,000 last year) of temporary workers around the world, and almost all of our permanent, full-time employees started as seasonal workers around Christmas time. It's not high paying (the distribution center starts around $13/hour), but it can be very lucrative with overtime during the big rush.

If you want to fill out an application, put my name (Michael Blanche) in the referring box. It DOES help to have an employee in good standing in that box. E-mail me if you need any help.

I hope this can help someone who needs work.

Toys R Us application page

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
sounds great for those who are "in between jobs". if I had time, I'd take on a second job

Is Toys R US doing the express stores again this year? I thought that was a great idea for them!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

Is Toys R US doing the express stores again this year? I thought that was a great idea for them!
We have a Toys R Us Express in the mall here year round. I applied there last year, but didn't even get called for an interview.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good thing you're doing - but you and your wife are just darn good people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There will be express stores again this year, but likely with a different philosophy and definitely in lower numbers. In our market, we kept about 10 of them open after Christmas season, and there will probably be about 20 more opened around Thanksgiving.

They found the express stores actually cut into sales at the larger stores, so they won't be located close to another store. Also, some of the employees got very disagreeable when they found out their store was not going to be kept open and cost the company a lot of money in extra labor to get them closed.

I guess the ones they've kept open have done pretty well. Oddly enough, I know one of them is close enough to the free-standing store that you could just about throw a rock and hit it.