need a good older cat vitamin

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to some of you" in my spare time experts" I have taken my crf nearly 17 yr old off dry cat food and wet foods still have to much protein .. I am looking for a vitamin to suplament my homemade diet since my dietetic exp[ertise is limited to commercial foods... Kandie is picky about flavor.. I am picky about sugar salt digests .... Does anyone know of a cat vitamin that has turine (sp) in it and is balenced.. I am doing cooked meat and limited carbs and veggies...Any homemade reciepes are welcome.. please no rice she wont eat it in its natual form evan minced..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you ... I ruled it out due to garlic in it.. at her age I just cant risk it

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I did at least find some interesting looking recipes for you, for crf kitties (scroll down - the first couple do list rice, but the rest do not). The one thing I don't feel comfortable on, is advising on which supplement to pick up.

These recipes are nice as they do go into several important components to add, and then says add x amt (I think it was 1/4 tab) of a multi-vit that meets feline FDR and gives them 250 mg of taurine per day. I would ask your vet...let them know what diet you are making up for them, and ask what they'd recommend to complete the diet.

Hope this link is a new one for you, and that it has a recipe your kitty may like

click here

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you I think there are a few on there shell like... I askedhe didnt know of any.. the pettinic?? they had ... has no taurine

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet-tinic is good re vitamin b's and working towards staving off an anemia (along with a second supplement with iron - I use something recommended on the crf list - twin labs super b complex) but I don't know that it meets all a cats daily needs.. I wonder if there is a recomendation for an overall on the crf list homepage - they have various reference files. Let me go look, then I have to quit for the night, my eyelids are just not staying open!

Hmmm...maybe this is a good question to steer our tcs vet tech advisor to

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
me too thanks

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't find anything (potassium supplements, phos binders and b supplements was it!).

I'm dropping Dr. Doolittle a note now

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle

Medi-cal provides a vitamin-mineral premix and potassium citrate to be used with their home-made diets. The recipes are available through your vet.
Thank you.. I will have to call around my vet doesnt have this