Need a furrever home for a sweetie!

moopsmoops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not really sure what else to do, so I figured the more I spread the word the better chance I have of finding a good home for Mikah ASAP.

Mikah is a little kitty that I rescued from a high kill shelter hours before she was to be put down. She was a malnourished, sick little mess when I got her, but thankfully I was able to nurse her back to health and now she's a happy bouncy little girl! The only problem is, my other cat spends most of HER time either running away from Mikah, or trying to punch her in the head, and things are only getting worse between them. I've had to put Mikah back into isolation and I feel terrible for it, but it was the only way to really restore peace to my home. And even still my other cat growls at the door where Mikah is staying. Mikah is getting more and more scared of Moopsy (my other kitty)

I only want them to both be happy, but I am realizing that all my attempts to get them to coexist peacefully just aren't going to work, and this is unfortunately not the home where Mikah can be a happy playful kitty. I have tried everything one person can try and as I said, the tension between the two of them only seems to be steadily escalating. I'm sure most of the fault is in Moopsy being very stubborn and spoiled (which is totally MY fault), but I do have to think about her well-being as well as Mikah's, and unfortunately Moopsy is getting stressed with Mikah around to the point of hiding in my bedroom, and puking every couple days (she is not a cat that pukes).

So with all of this in mind I have made the very very hard decision to re-home Mikah to a place where she will be happier, and understand that I might have only been supposed to come into her life to get her all healthy again.

She is a total sweet-heart and loves to play with feathery toys and the laser dot.

Wherever she ends up I just want her to be safe and happy (because right now she's stuck in a bathroom on isolation most of the day to keep cat-fights from erupting every time someone walks by the other) and able to romp around like the goofy little nut she is. I'm hoping this happens sooner than later because I feel horrible having to keep her separated like this and know she is miserable in there and it breaks my heart.

She is spayed, has her shots, and is negative for Feline Leukemia and Feline HIV. 

Wherever she goes I will also send with her her new littler box (covered because she is a bit of a litter flinger), and one or two of her favorite toys, along with her food/water dishes, and her little kitty carrier.

I love her to pieces but am desperate now to find her somewhere to live that is happier than here unfortunately.

Please PM me with any questions you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moopsmoops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She lives on Long Island, NY but I will commute a bit if it means she's going to a better home than I can offer her right now.