natures recipe is it good?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok my mom recently has bought natures recipe dry cat food. I was wondering is that really good and better than lets say friskies and things like that, also I dont know much about cat food except what they like
and thats pretty much anything
but I gave Bella some and Stormie didnt want her kitten dry food she wanted the natures recipe
her and bella were sharing the bowl for it, it was funny! But it says for hairballs and such and helps for UTI's and also for weight control ( bella needs a little help before she gets too fat
) So I just wanted everyones opinions on natures recipe and other cat foods !! Greatly appreciated

Thanx,
Stormie, Bella, and of course meowmy manda !!

penny v.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it Nature's Diet? Because if so it has the benefit of not involving the horrible animal experimentation that most of the big petfood companies are involved in....

Penny

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its second ingredient is corn and its third is corn meal, so this isn't a top quality food. But it's better than Friskies.

I'd recommend another brand if your cat is prone to allergies or weight gain. Corn is completely unnecessary in cat food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Corn isnt great in cat food ... but in small amounts it helps acidify chicken thus helping with UTI health ... But second and third is too much for me ...

for the same ease of finding look at
Nutro
Royal canin

Yes it is better than friskies IMHO as I beleive they stoped putting digest in

cica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It does not have corn or corn meal but has potatoes, peas and pea protein which are the non-animal proteins not needed for a carnivore