Natural Remedies??

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just want some opinions and information if anyone has some. I've been looking into and researching natural or homeopathic remedies for illnesses. With the impending spring this has been mostly looking for remedies for allergies and asthma. Has anyone had any experiences with using natural rememdies? Did you find relief/reduction of symptoms etc? Any good resources you would recommend or online sites??

I appreciate all your help, I am desparate to avoid getting back on the drug bandwagon with all the side effects etc.

Thanks again!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't help with most natural remedies - I only use some to increase breast milk production.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started taking pro-biotics last summer. They are amazing little pills
the kind I take has many different strains in it. I started taking it for an ongoing upset tummy and found out it helped alot of other things. My skin cleared up, I quit having upset tummy's etc... I did'nt, at thr time, notice it helping my allergies- but in retro-spect I did'nt go to the doc once last year for my allergies or take anything for that matter.

a few articles on their goodness

http://www.mercola.com/2004/sep/29/p...s_benefits.htm
http://www.holisticmed.com/detox/dtx-probio.txt
http://www.infectioncontroltoday.com...1h1095624.html

this one tells you all the different strains there are, and what they do:
http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...pro_0034.shtml

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not at home but I will post my little aresenal for you later...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I am not at home but I will post my little aresenal for you later...
Thanks I would really appreciate that. I did talk to the store owner at my local naturopathic store and got advice. He doesn't have a large selection so I may need to try getting some online, i just want to know what I'm getting into (and getting) before I start trying this.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people take bee pollen for increase energy and the compact form of nutrients. However, its supposed to be wonderful for allergies too. You have to get it locally grown though (local health food store can tell you if its from your area or if they ordered it from somwhere else). Taking the local kind can help build resistance to local pollens/allergens.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that makes sense...i'll have to check around. I know there is a local farmer that makes honey at the market. Thanks!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

that makes sense...i'll have to check around. I know there is a local farmer that makes honey at the market. Thanks!
Unfortunately they probably wouldn't know. Bee pollen and honey tend to be 2 different industries. Honey tastes good and bee pollen tastes awful (must be swollowed like a pill). Ugh. I wish it tasted like honey but its the raw nutrients and can't get any better nutritionally (where honey theres some question on nutritional value..).

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Unfortunately they probably wouldn't know. Bee pollen and honey tend to be 2 different industries. Honey tastes good and bee pollen tastes awful (must be swollowed like a pill). Ugh. I wish it tasted like honey but its the raw nutrients and can't get any better nutritionally (where honey theres some question on nutritional value..).
well, for a while i was using 2 tablespoons of local honey for allergies. don't remember if it worked, but it sure tasted good!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, for a while i was using 2 tablespoons of local honey for allergies. don't remember if it worked, but it sure tasted good!
I like that type of treatment for sure. Yum!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probiotics are AMAZING! As are peppermint and catnip....as I have IBS. Acidophilus will also prevent yeast infections which in turn makes you a lot less likely to get a UTI.

Royal bee jelly and colloidal silver are generally good for the immune system...

I'm not sure about any natural antihistamines. But I'm sure they're out there.