Natural Remedies for GERD

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am becoming convinced my cat has GERD and I need to get him something to sooth his stomach. I have sent an e-mail to my vet but does anyone know of any natural supplements than can help in the meantime?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes you suspect GERD? If he's hunger puking, more frequent, smaller meals would likely fix the issue. If he's eating too quickly, then regurgitating, there are a few options. More frequent smaller meals can help, as he'll be less likely to be ravenous. An elevated bowl and/or a slow feeder could be a good option, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hunger puking but I now feed him almost constantly... he isn't throwing up the food. stomach ache.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he eat really quickly? Have you tried an elevated bowl or plate (you don't have to buy anything, just try putting his bowl on a box of an appropriate height, or even some books)? When were his last bloods done?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does he eat really quickly? Have you tried an elevated bowl or plate (you don't have to buy anything, just try putting his bowl on a box of an appropriate height, or even some books)? When were his last bloods done?
I will try that ... tx.