Natural Care Flea &Tick Dont Know if My Cats Will Be Okay

sjcg2010

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So never had fleas before so I'm a bit out of my depth. Went to the vet got topical flea remover and dewormer, went to the store and Got Natural Care Flea and Tick Remover spray and carpet powder. I sprayed it on the pillows and headboard and then powdered the carpet, I kept the cats away from the rooms I was treating but they snuck up there when I was moving the vacuum and walked up there after I was done vacuuming the powder, I dont know how much they got on their paws and now after researching I've seen some pretty awful stuff and now I'm second guessing everything and freaking out a little. I just wanted to give them relief...they've cleaned their paws since and now their sleeping. Will they be okay?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I understand you correctly, you vacuumed up the powder BEFORE they got into the area? Do the instructions say that cats have to be kept away from the area even after vacuuming?

Whatever the instructions tell you to look for in terms of toxicity, that is what you need to look for. If you don't see any of that, then odds are you are just fine.

Honestly, I think your cats will be OK.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Look on the label of the product used and see what the chemical and ingredients are, or post a pic of container.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjcg2010

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Look on the label of the product used and see what the chemical and ingredients are, or post a pic of container.
It was Natural Care Fleas and Ticks carpet cleaner and I got the spray too, both contain some percentage of Peppermint oil and clover oil which are both terrible for cats apparently. I did vacuum up all the powder before they got in the room but I guess I'm not sure how much would be enough to make them sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjcg2010

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I understand you correctly, you vacuumed up the powder BEFORE they got into the area? Do the instructions say that cats have to be kept away from the area even after vacuuming?

Whatever the instructions tell you to look for in terms of toxicity, that is what you need to look for. If you don't see any of that, then odds are you are just fine.

Honestly, I think your cats will be OK.
Thank you I appreciate it. I saw that Peppermint oil was bad for cats and I immediately panicked..they seem to be fine at the moment put on their flea removal topical and they've been acting normally I may just keep them away from those areas for a couple of days and just discontinue my usage