Natural balance recall .

robert707

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just happened to being looking up some places to get the best deal on natural balance cat food and came across a article showing several recalls in the past 10 yrs is this something I should be concerned about?
I thought I did my research well but missed this article. I actually switch from diamond an taste of the wild because of recalls .

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You never know from brand to brand about recalls.  Sometimes it's because several of the manufacturers use the same manufacturing plant, and something is found in the plant itself, so all brands using that plant will have a recall.  So many different things can cause recalls, and sometimes they are voluntary, sometimes not.

Honestly, I would think if there have been recent recalls, that might make a company more likely to be more "on the ball"...it's just hard to know

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I definitely like to look at what they were recalled for. Natural Balance dog food has had a few recalls but its been 10 years since any of the cat foods have been recalled, and then it was part of a huge recall that affected a lot of companies.

http://www.petful.com/brands/natural-balance/

I think if a brand has a LOT of recalla in a short amount of time then that's a red flag. However almost every single brand on the market has been involved in one at least once in the past 10 years.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

robert707

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I opted to go with Nature's Variety Instinct formula I'm not going to take any chances everything that I read about them they have not had a recall at least not in the last 10 years it's a little more expensive but I find deals on Amazon Prime all the time I rather them eat food that safe and pay extra then pay a whole lot at the vet or worse

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like it was more recent than 10 years that Natural Balance had cat food recalls. I know I stopped buying their products at one point and won't go near it now. But I don't remember the details anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

robert707

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I had the time and know how I'd go raw...