Natura Recall has been expanded

kitkaturday

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for that info. I never even heard of the browser search function
. I'm glad your kitties are okay. I hope you can find something with similar ingredients so the transition goes smooth.
How nice that you are online too and were able to see the message! I hope it helps. I forgot that I wanted to add that I believe there are cans included in the recall. They made that list tough to figure out but I'm pretty sure I saw "3 oz" in a few places, which seems like it can't be anything but wet food.

I'm online researching different foods right now. We have one complicating factor, one our little ones has no teefs, although being toothless never seemed to affect her appetite. But I'm still keeping an eye on the size of the kibble. Back when I started adding some dry food to their diet, the Evo had a good mix of small kibble and good nutrition, and the cats love it, so this recall is really exasperating.

Here's hoping you don't find any of your cans on that list. 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't believe that cans are part of the official recall although it has been confusing with at least one unsubstantiated report of a problem with the cans as well. The 3oz size refers to sample sizes and treats of dry.

Does anyone know of cans being definitely included in the recall?

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great....I just gave my guys Wild Craving Treats in their catamazing box.....

This kind of stuff is why I decided to to to a raw diet, and make my own.
Just checked the Wild Cravings Treats.  I recently got 4 bags from doggiefood.com.  I've already used one bag, and fed some in the puzzle box today from a second bag.  All three bags I still have are on the recall list.  I normally feed freeze dried stuff as treats, but my cats absolutely love the Wild Cravings treats, and the ingredients really aren't awful, so I do buy them sometimes.  I'm not freaking, only because I know salmonella is present in most dry foods, etc, and cats systems can handle it for the most part.  I did send an email to doggiefood.com about it, and I definitely won't use the rest of it. 

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe that cans are part of the official recall although it has been confusing with at least one unsubstantiated report of a problem with the cans as well. The 3oz size refers to sample sizes and treats of dry.

Does anyone know of cans being definitely included in the recall?
From the first page of the recall site:

Please see below for details on all affected products. Note, this affects dry dog, cat and ferret food only. Natura canned and wet products are not  involved. If you have a product included on this list and would like a refund or replacement, please follow the instructions below. For additional inquiries, contact us athttp://www.naturapet.com/about/contact-us  or (800) 224-6123.

kitkaturday

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, Bast is purring in our direction, because we seem to have accomplished the switch very quickly and with great success. I got the Simply Natural Chicken & Turkey Formula at Petsmart, and the kittikins gobbled it up almost before it could land in their plate. In fact, they were so enthusiastic about it that I wonder what kind of "kitty crack" is in there, but since they only get a couple of spoonfuls I'm gonna let them enjoy it.

Also, the kibble bits are the tiniest I've ever seen, way smaller than EVO and Wellness Core, which we've had in the past. That is good news for my toothless wonder,

NB I thought I had posted on the weekend to apologize if I misled anyone with my assumption about the 3 oz products, but I don't see it in the thread so I'll say it again. I'm sorry, I didn't read it carefully enough and just assumed 3 oz meant cans. I didn't think about sample bags. 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Swanie and Cindy seem pleased with my selection for a replacement.  I went down to the store where the guy is very knowledgable about food and he recommened either Fromm or Earthborn.  I picked the Fromm because he said it was closest to the California Natural I had been feeding them.  Came home, opened the bag, put a litte bit on a dish and had both cats following me around begging for more.  I may go try a bag of the Earthborn too because it's grain free, so I could mix the two.  I was thinking that Fromm also has the tiniest kibble I've every seen.  So far it's been about a week and a half, and they seem to be doing well on it.