National Raisin Day April 30

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't like any of those nasty little dried up things! :barfgreen: I tolerate dried cranberries but really am not wild about them, either. :headshake:

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like dried cranberries too. I know they aren't raisons but when I put a recipe together that calls for raisons dried cranberries are often a good combo with them or even a good sub. They are awesome in granola and some cereals like muesli.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like them in Raisin Bran cereal. Post is better than Kellogg's IMO. I'm not crazy about them in baked goods. Golden raisins are just nasty.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like dried cranberries too. I know they aren't raisons but when I put a recipe together that calls for raisons dried cranberries are often a good combo with them or even a good sub. They are awesome in granola and some cereals like muesli.
Opposite here! I don't like cranberries, so I sub in raisins when the recipe calls for the dried cranberries!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Raisins. Yep, I love. I put them in oatmeal, fruitcake, cookies, puddings, cakes, pies, breads and no telling what else.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like raisins by themselves or if they're covered in yogurt/chocolate. Raisins in baking, on the other hand? :barf: Do not want weird wrinkly foreign objects in my cinnamon buns.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They rehydrate in cooking so it makes these weird squishy sweet spots.
I like that squishiness in oatmeal! But not anything else, gross.

I could live without raisins, they aren't a favorite at all. But they're good in oatmeal or oatmeal cookies, and in trail mix with something salty to cut the sweetness.