National Burger Day!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So Facebook is telling me that it is National Burger day in the US. :party4:

Do you like hamburgers? How do you like them?

I don't don't eat them often, but I do enjoy them. I usually have them medium-well with cheddar or blue cheese. Adding bacon makes it even better. :lol3:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them but I also only have them occasionally.  I like them with a medium cheddar, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could eat them every day. Ideally, it would be medium rare at most on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and a little ketchup and mayo but it doesn't matter. Usually when I make one at home, it's just plain on a bun with nothing added and just as good. Good meat doesn't need to have a bunch of stuff added to it. Sometimes a dash or 2 of sea salt. Lilith and Sophie will not touch beef cat food but adore steak and hamburger so I always share with them. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them occasionally. I like mine with mayo, mustard, ketchup, tomato, pickles and lettuce. I use to love onion on them but I can't handle onion anymore unless it's cooked. I especially love them grilled.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat hamburgers. I used to eat vegeburgers in my younger, festival going days.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's good to know! I've had a yen for a big juicy burger today and stopped to pick up ground meat, rolls and pickles on the way home this afternoon.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hamburgers. I've been craving one but we don't have a bbq at the moment. We are getting one soon and then I will get my yummy burger.

We don't eat burgers here unless they are well done. You rarely ever hear of someone making a burger and not fully cooking it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here in the States people have been eating burgers more and more at the same temp as steaks.  I like a steak actually between medium rare and medium but I still cook burgers to well done.  I try to catch them right when the pink is gone but they haven't started to dry out.  I am afraid of ecoli so I always cook ground meat completely.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love burgers!  Especially off the grill; which we don't do too often.  I like them in so many ways.  You can't beat a good bacon cheeseburger. Esp if you add lettuce and tomato!  I like blue cheese burgers (I add diced baby portobello mushrooms too).  One of the restaurants here thinly slices onion, coveres it in batter and deep fries it and puts those on the burger.  I've only had it once.  It was good!  (But thats a lot of fat!)  Off the top of my head I can't think of a burger I don't enjoy.  At home I add cheese, ketchup and spicy brown mustard and either banana peppers or sweet pickles.  If I'm doing a veggie burger I like it on whole grain bread with a little mayo, red onion and spicy brown mustard.  My MIL got me hooked on that.  

Now here is my half relevant favorite Veggie Tales Silly Song:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like any meat rare or medium. We've just finished dinner: beefburgers on crusty rolls (neither of us likes hamburger buns) with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, dark mustard and sweet gherkins. Plus coleslaw on the side.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a coincidence, I am making burgers today for lunch.  If eating them out, I like a cheeseburger with bacon, tomato, lettuce and plenty of ketchup and mayo.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them occasionally. I like mine with mayo, mustard, ketchup, tomato, pickles and lettuce. I use to love onion on them but I can't handle onion anymore unless it's cooked. I especially love them grilled.
I also can't manage raw onion anymore.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat hamburgers.
Ditto here.  Occasionally if we're going to someone's house and they're doing burgers on the grill, I'll bring a veggie burger for me.  I like them on a whole wheat bun, with chipotle flavored mustard and spicy ketchup, swiss or jack cheese and lettuce, and I have to bring a bag full of my own picky things 
 so I don't have them very often.