nappy kitten

petunifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently had my kitten spayed and now she has to wear the E cone. Since she cannot groom herself her fur is paying the price. I have seen the  bathing/cleaning cloths at the pet store but was unsure about using them. Can anybody please give me some suggestions. Thanx 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi.  I think using wipes to keep your cat clean and sweet smelling just like she would do herself if she could is a good idea.  Alternatively you could use a soft disposable kitchen cloth like the kitchen roll you can wet and wring out?  You could just wet that down with warm water and wipe but avoid chemicals as so many can be toxic for cats - I have attached links for your information.   Also, if you do choose to buy pet wipes check the list of ingredients carefully: another member in a recent thread noted that they had looked at pet wipes but not bought because the list of ingredients included tea tree oil (seond thread linked below).  

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/174854/101-things-that-can-harm-your-cat

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/98115/tea-tree-oil

I hope your girl's recovery is quick and that she does not have to wear her colar for very long. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petunifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately this is her second time around. After a few days she ripped her stitches out with to much play and got an infection. The vet flushed out her infection and restitched her. I have now learned my lesson and will not let her play to hard(even though I want to give into her every whim).

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh the poor baby.  And she won't understand any of it and just think everyone is being mean to her. Lots of pampering called for I'd say.

dianamc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah, I am sorry.  I was going to say maybe she didn't need it, but I guess she does. We were sent home with instructions that were impossible to follow without any preparation and Dandy had jumped within 1/2 hr. of her return.  When she went back for her stitch removal, the tech(?) said she hadn't pulled at her stitches.  Oh, yes she had and she's a licker although I tried to distract her when I saw her.  I guess we were lucky.

Hope your girl is okay soon.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this is her second time around. After a few days she ripped her stitches out with to much play and got an infection. The vet flushed out her infection and restitched her. I have now learned my lesson and will not let her play to hard(even though I want to give into her every whim).
One of mine did that but she unpicked the stitches.