Napoleon Dynamite

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

my boyfriend and I and another friend of ours erased my mom's voice on my parents' answering machine and did the skit where deb was trying to sell stuff and then kip says the "your mom goes to college line". It was hilarious!
So. . . Were your parents amused or did they think their daughter was a "flippin idiot"!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha! yea, they thought it was kinda stupid, since they hadn't seen the movie yet. Needless to say it didn't stay on there long. haha!!!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is just too darn stupid to not be funny...

i was in a bad mood when i watched it the first time, so the fact that is was stupid was making me madder and madder and i eventually fell asleep...

the next day i watched it again and i was cracking up the whole time...

when me and my husband go out to a store or something, we will catch each other off guard and go 'GAWD...IDIOT' in that stupid voice when someone walks by, they give us a funny look, and we crack up...

i know its immature... but its worth it to me, cuz chris laughs at me when i do it and he never laughs at me when i try to be funny, and i try to make him laugh all the time

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally saw it last night and it is just so pointless that its hilarious. I loved the dance scene and the time machine scene - oooowwww!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Olive Garden for Mother's Day, and we quoted something from Napoleon Dynamite, and the waiter looked at us and said, "Huh!?" And we started explaining that it's just from a stupid movie we watched... Napoleon Dynamite, and he lifted up his hand and showed up a wrist band that had a Liger on it and said "Liger!" LOL! How funny is that!!!!???

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I couldn't vote because I've heard of it, but I haven't heard that it was funny - only from this thread. I hate Dodgeball so I don't want to rent this out unless I'm going to enjoy it.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Well I couldn't vote because I've heard of it, but I haven't heard that it was funny - only from this thread. I hate Dodgeball so I don't want to rent this out unless I'm going to enjoy it.
Napoleon Dynamite is funnier, but doesn't have as much of a plot.... well, it really DOESN'T have a plot!

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hated that movie. It was SO boring! However, I do find myself quoting lines from the movie. For instance, when I'm playing with Kionu I tell him, "Hey dude, can you do a sweet jump?"

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckblv

Never even heard of it, what is it?
It's a hilariously stupid, mind-numbing movie.

Really can't explain it... you just have to see it.

laurelism

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heck YES I've heard of it, its the best flippin' movie of ALL time!!! By the way... can I have your tots???

But in all seriousness (and we know how hard it is for me to be serious *grin*) My school has had a Napolean Dynamite CRAZE. There are "Vote for Pedro" shirts everywhere, there are Napolean magnents on lockers, people quote the movie constantly, and are even learning the dance form the movie. We apparently get caught up in really stupid stuff, now that I think about it

Laurel