Naomi turns 24 tomorrow

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday Naomi!

Wow Laurie, I finally finished your original thread about Naomi. I've always had a great admiration for you and Gary....but now, wow....you both continue to blow me away with your love, compassion and incredible patience.

We joked a couple of days ago about being twins....whoa...I WISH!

~~Hugs to you and your family~~~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, people made a lot of comments about our compassion and being such angels... and it is truly lovely that we all appreciate kindness in the world...

...but the fact of the matter is that many people have adopted children, and many people care for their own special needs children, be that physically challenged, emotionally challenged, or educationally challenged, and many, many people donate their time or their resources to helping animals or other people.

Gary just happens to have had a very interesting background in his life that puts (well - used to put us) in interesting situations. He's just as comfortable having a chat with the legless vet selling pens or the junkie on the corner as he is with the CEO of a large company at a fancy dinner. He meets people on elevators for goodness sake! He's one of those people that's on a first name basis with everyone and no one is "beneath" him and he's beneath no one. We're both risk takers, and material things aren't important to us. He picked up some hitch hikers... and at the time we were in a financial position to do more than just give them a ride... and one thing led to another.

... I don't know how "fulfilled" Naomi's feeling these days. She's reasonably happy, most of the time. She will be getting her GED soon. Like Gary, she and school parted ways basically her first year of high school. She is incredibly well read - though, unlike Gary, her interest is very eclectic - a lot of poetry and women and women's issues.

I don't know what happens once she has her GED. We'll just have to see.

But for anyone who's been afraid to ask, if you're reading this - don't be! You can always just PM me.

....and thank you for your good wishes and Happy Birthdays for Naomi!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday Naomi, I hope you're having an enjoyable day today

Even if she isn't feeling 100% fulfilled (let's face it, who is?), I have no doubt she's getting so much more out of life than she had in many years before you and Gary came along. You guys have given her such a wonderful gift, and I really do hope she's having a great day filled with lots of cake!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naomi, may I ask you a question, if you want to post here.
I am having a really tough time of things, what does the manic part of manic depression feel like?
Your words capture things so well, please tell me.
I am awake at 3am, no sleep in sight. Former drug and drink addiction. I live in a world much like yours, I dont know what is real sometimes, and when I do it makes me so sad.
I have traveled from place to place, never feeling at home, I have nowhere I fit in.
I want to hear your words, you write so beautiful.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to Naomi. I remember when your thread was first at TCS... I was looking for it since i haven't been around, and wanted to know what ever happened. I am so happy to hear that she's doing better. It's too bad that her brain isn't perfect, but it helps her writing I am sure. My mom always said she could tell when I was writing cuz I went a little krazy each time.

I wish you all the very best. There needs to be more people out there like you two. The world would be a much better place!

Thank you for your beautiful souls.

Be safe.