Name Three Things - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Early trip to pick up some paperwork
out with a couple friends to shop, and have lunch

In between all the above is medicating Geoffrey, who vomiting early this morning; vacuum, dishes, etc.
Then nothing else.

Perhaps cuddle with Geoffrey for a bit, this afternoon.

I am done with all my paperwork! Ready for tomorrow's appointment.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Early trip to pick up some paperwork
out with a couple friends to shop, and have lunch

In between all the above is medicating Geoffrey, who vomiting early this morning; vacuum, dishes, etc.
Then nothing else.

Perhaps cuddle with Geoffrey for a bit, this afternoon.

I am done with all my paperwork! Ready for tomorrow's appointment.
Praying for Geoffrey always

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had a bit of frost last night, nothing like what was forecast.
Rick finally called the sewer-weenies to come in and pump out our septic tanks; they're coming on Friday.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed until 8:00.
  • We went to Aldi's because I'm looking for some Crofton glassware. I found the smaller ribbed goblets, in blue. They'll look nice with the Fiesta.
  • The insect-weenies came in this morning to spray around the perimeter of the house and WeShed. They also sprayed at the gutters as we've been seeing carpenter bees flying in and out.
  • Working on one load of laundry.
  • An order to Chewy for the girls.
  • Cleaning the oven. Well, oven is cleaning itself. I just had to press the CLEAN button.
  • Almost finished with Season 5 of Northern Exposure.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absurd overnight temperature of 27.3 degrees Fahrenheit. Flannel sheets going back on the bed. Strip bed, bring to laundry room, into clothes washer and start cycling . . . except the rinse water was barely dribbling into the tub. Called the plumber. His receptionist (wife) said it sounded more like an appliance issue. So I called there. He came quite promptly, this afternoon. Very extremely fine particles coming from our well were blocking the double filters in the water line. He cleaned the filters, all is now good. And suggests we either get a point-of-use water filter for the cold water line into the clothes washer. Or a whole house filter installed in the basement at the well tank. Called and left a message for the plumber. Stay tuned for future developments. At least the sheets are washed, dried, and I need to make the bed. P.S. It is a nice sunny day and the temperature is up above 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Before the service tech came our intermittent handyman was here. He A) mowed all the grass all around the house. Then B) Used my hand truck to move three quite large pots out of the basement into my garage bay (car is parked outside for the duration.) After that he hand carried another group, about 8, somewhat smaller pots ditto. I could probably manage the smaller pots myself but it is much nicer to have someone else do it, agreed? Now I need to mix potting soil, unpot, repot, etc. Some have already begun to show some growth. Which I find unfathomable - they're downstairs in the dark. They have not been watered since moving downstairs last fall. How do they start, what triggers them into growth?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I am back on the internet but the process was just hellish. I have been connecting devices and modems to the internet literally since the internet began and one would think that it should be easier now, but nope. After 45 minutes of Xfinity refusing to finish connecting me I had to call and spend another 45 minutes with an agent while she got everything back up. A huge challenge was that she had a strong accent and she spoke so fast I had to continuously ask her to repeat herself a little slower. Just wore me out. But I can tell the new modem made a huge difference in speed and connection so I guess it was worth it.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I am back on the internet but the process was just hellish. I have been connecting devices and modems to the internet literally since the internet began and one would think that it should be easier now, but nope. After 45 minutes of Xfinity refusing to finish connecting me I had to call and spend another 45 minutes with an agent while she got everything back up. A huge challenge was that she had a strong accent and she spoke so fast I had to continuously ask her to repeat herself a little slower. Just wore me out. But I can tell the new modem made a huge difference in speed and connection so I guess it was worth it.
Thats the worst when you cannot understand someone in customer service- you would think speaking clearly would be a requirement to work on the phone??????I have to constantly request " State Side" whenever I call XFinity,bad enough your on the phone 45minutes because they only have a script with q&a sheets to follow and have no more knowledge than you or I,you end up stuck for 2hrs because you don't understand a word they're " reading "

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
down to pick up a receipt
out with the girls--- shopping at 4 stores and then lunch
medicated Geoffrey
Cleaned G's throw up-- It is fur shedding season. Do not see fur or fur balls, but....
nibbled rest of the day....
forgot to return a phone call..
Allergies were really bad, once I came home: itchy eyes, exhausted, fell asleep very early.

Today:
Regular morning stuff,
Vacuum
Business appointment
Maybe coffee with the crew?
phone call or 2
Medicate Geoffrey, brush him.
I really need to dust and scrub tub. I do things in stages due to back, knee hip issues.

Not sure about supper..... do need tp pick up af ew thing at Grocery store.
Museum trip tomorrow... need snacks...
Disco Party on Thursday.... need snacks/munchies

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked in my computer/sewing room for a couple hours this morning. When I had my sewing business I was in there for at least a few hours every week but not much any more and I was in danger of getting lost in the dust bunnies. Seems under the desk and sewing table was also a prime puking spot for one the other of the girls. Cleaned up, organized a few things but more to be done, maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This morning, I felt like I was slammed into a brick wall. So tired and nauseous, I went back to bed for about an hour. Got back up and felt better. This is what happens. I go for days, just doing my normal stuff and then....boom! Dead-tired and sick with dry heaves. Then I start to feel better.

The good news is two-fold. I started walking again last week. Nothing big, not outside. Just kind of cruising in and out of the rooms in the house. And on Monday, I did 3.5 miles! Today, even with the fatigue, I worked and worked and got almost 2.5 miles in. Not all at one time, maybe 500 steps here, 1000 steps there. But it all adds up eventually. The stairs are still killing me. I can only manage 3 or 4 flights of stairs in a day and a lot of that is just to do laundry or get stuff out of the freezer. And there's no way I can walk down the road outside. Not yet. Nonetheless, baby steps.

And my hair is definitely long enough that it's no longer bristles! Long enough to start laying down. I could probably use a trim at this point, esp around my ears, BUT I'm being stubborn. I want every hair on my head to grow, baby grow! (Many many moons ago, my grandmother taught me to only get a hair trim when the moon was waxing or on its way to being a full moon. That way, as the moon grows, so does hair. And I've always done that. Since we're just now dealing with the full moon, it'll be another couple of weeks until the new moon and then I can get it trimmed as the moon starts waxing again. We'll see.)

Rick spent the afternoon digging up the septic tank in the back yard. It's down further than what he remembered.
  • Yesterday, I did the self-clean on the oven. So today, I took all the racks out, washed them down and then scrubbed both ovens until they were nice and clean. Then took the microwave apart and cleaned that out, followed by taking everything out of the fridge and cleaning that down. Rick came back from his walk and we ran down to the township building to vote.
  • My order from Y'all Sweet Tea came and I immediately made a gallon of Georgia Peach iced tea. Good stuff! I can't drink a lot of it because it has caffeine. Their regular tea comes in decaf, so I'll make some decaf iced tea for me. Thanks, lizzie lizzie , for the heads up about Y'all! I also received Extinction (Douglas Preston). So far, it's excellent. And I pre-ordered Angel of Vengeance (Preston/Child) for delivery this fall.
  • Made the dough for Vanilla Chip and Macadamia Nut cookies. Rick's bowling dinner is tomorrow night and I was asked to make cookies. I'll bake them tomorrow morning. Made a double batch, so we can take a few to Rick's mom's. They're her favorite cookie....well, one of her favorites.
  • Tonight is trash night, so I got all the trash together, shredded a bunch of papers, and Rick took the can down for the trash-weenies to get it tomorrow.
  • I'm hoping to stay awake long enough to watch the beginning of the new season of Skinwalker Ranch.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the trip to the Elizabeth Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston!. It is the site of the unsolved painting theft, in the 70's.. I have always wanted to go there. I remember when I was working in the Longwood Medical Area of Boston, I once walked down past it. It is so pretty. We will probably have a couple hours in there, before we head home. it is a bus trip organized by my building.
So, today, is a mixed up day. We leave at 9:30 am. Geoffrey will have to fend for himself.....

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the trip to the Elizabeth Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston!. It is the site of the unsolved painting theft, in the 70's.. I have always wanted to go there. I remember when I was working in the Longwood Medical Area of Boston, I once walked down past it. It is so pretty. We will probably have a couple hours in there, before we head home. it is a bus trip organized by my building.
So, today, is a mixed up day. We leave at 9:30 am. Geoffrey will have to fend for himself.....
You have some fun trips! That sounds like a place I would love to visit.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent some time in the backyard picking up sticks yesterday afternoon in prep for the first mow. So many, almost a whole yard waste barrel worth. Just got notice that the roofers will be coming tomorrow to reroof the shed - such a fast and reliable company. I have a few things to move out of their way today. I am also going to get the aunts and my property taxes paid this afternoon.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Yesterday's trip was awesome! It was so good. The "bus" was not made for seniors. We all had a hard time getting in and out of it. Other than that, it was a really enjoyable time. We walked al 3 floors, some floors a couple of times. There are many, many adjoining rooms. The paintings and other things are so interesting and beautiful. There is a Dutch room, a tapestry room, an Italian room, etc.

We were on the 2nd floor when time was getting short. We were in a group of 5. We split up, because at that point, the hip and back were really 'talking' to me. Another woman and I searched out the elevator. We got to see the last 2 remaining floors and went to the gift shop. Expensive, but.... They also have a cafe. During the spring and summer, they have "High Tea" in the courtyard, which they were in the process of planting bulbs and flowers.

IMG_1859.jpeg IMG_1908.jpeg IMG_1866.jpeg IMG_1915.jpeg

These are of the inner courtyard, a ceiling in a room, a Degas ballerina, and a Botticelli painting.

Afterwards, my group had coffee in the buildings coffee shop, too tired to move. Some of the guys came over to join us-- they went out for a 'guys' day.. We sat around for about another hour. I was done for the day.. I mean it. In physical pain..
~~
Today is an early morning appointment.
Have to really do a good job cleaning, since I did not yesterday.
Geoffrey med
Dump and clean litter Genie, and maybe litter Box.
Tonight is a Disco Party, downstairs; After the Tenants Association monthly meeting... ugh..
I am going to be hurting tomorrow...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom That was truly an awesome visit! Thanks for sharing pictures!

Rick came home from his bowling dinner with an empty cookie container. And I had made a double batch. Those cookies always go fast. One of the guys brought pizzas. Rick asked if he could take a slice home for me. "Sure! Take whatever's left!" He brought one slice home because he knows I have to be careful now. The guy also gave him a can of root beer for me, since he knew that's the only soda I'm drinking right now. I appreciated it.
  • Oncology appt this morning.
  • Stop at grocery store for bread, apples, Greenies for the girls, and more root beer for me. A & W doesn't have a lot of phosphorus.
  • Change bed sheets this afternoon.
  • Get laundry ready tonight to do tomorrow.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early because I didn’t know what time the roofers would start. Once they are done, I want to do some work on my old lawnmower, draining the gas, changing filter and cleaning the carb. Probably going to donate it but want it running well first.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . . this morning we

1) went to the very good (also pricey) farm stand where I bought a bunch each of oregano, spearmint, peppermint and two each of thyme and rosemary. Also some rhubarb and evercrisp apples.
2) stopped at the bank
3) went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription
4) next was the feed and mercantile where I dropped off the bunches of herbs. Jordy will open them out and reassemble as bunches of mixed herbs and tie them with a pretty ribbon. They'll be give-aways there, at my talk on herbs for flavor and fragrance.

Herbs-Title.jpg
and then we
5) went out for lunch at a cafe we knew we'd pass by. I had a turkey Reuben on toasted rye bread with coleslaw and melted Swiss cheese, sweet potato fries for on the side. Himself had a bacon burger with fried onion rings on the side.

And that was our morning (and early afternoon.)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . . this morning we

1) went to the very good (also pricey) farm stand where I bought a bunch each of oregano, spearmint, peppermint and two each of thyme and rosemary. Also some rhubarb and evercrisp apples.
2) stopped at the bank
3) went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription
4) next was the feed and mercantile where I dropped off the bunches of herbs. Jordy will open them out and reassemble as bunches of mixed herbs and tie them with a pretty ribbon. They'll be give-aways there, at my talk on herbs for flavor and fragrance.

and then we
5) went out for lunch at a cafe we knew we'd pass by. I had a turkey Reuben on toasted rye bread with coleslaw and melted Swiss cheese, sweet potato fries for on the side. Himself had a bacon burger with fried onion rings on the side.

And that was our morning (and early afternoon.)
How lovely - where do you give your talks? Wish I could come listen❤

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Shed roofing took the whole day yesterday but they were so great, repairing spots where the eaves and front of the shed were starting to rot. Once it quits raining and dries out I will need to prime and paint the new wood. While the roofing was going on I (with help from YouTube) worked on the mower and got it running great. Today’s agenda is to get the kitchen floor and cabinet fronts washed and maybe do some baking.