Name Three Things - 2024

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was some unanticipated rain yesterday evening but it is sunny and clear this morning. Occasional handyman supposed to stop by later. We have four sets of double doors, two of which have storm doors. Want those down and put way in basement, and the four sets of screen doors brought up and installed.

Over the last couple of days Himself brought wood stove accessories (Ash-away, firewood rack, etc) to basement. I will get the glides and we can rearrange living room furniture to summer configuration.

I am hoping to mix up another cart's worth of potting soil. And start planting summer bulbs. etc.

Meanwhile I stripped the bed sheets and started them washing. Fed the cats, cleaned up Domino's hairball/breakfast puke and re-fed him, put out bird feeders. And finally got to drink my coffee.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Did laundry-

Cooking up some sausages to freeze(Thursday is surgery day!) Got the freezer pretty well packed

Pulling down cases of cat food to put about 2 weeks of meals in an easy to reach location instead of into the usual low kitchen cabinet

That's about it for today,I've been on this leg for as long as I could bear it so that's that

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I did another day of nothing yesterday so I am trying to make it up today. Sam’s club this morning for coffee creamer and a few other necessities, then to Menards for furnace filter. First lawn waste pickup of the season tomorrow so I need to haul everything collected over the winter and so far this spring to the curb. I realized this morning that I haven’t done my property tax refund yet, so on the agenda for this afternoon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was pretty much a couch potato yesterday, so tired that I had no energy for anything. Feel better today, so while Rick is out working in the garden, I'm going to work in the house.
  • Talked to my nephrologist about the results of the kidney biopsy. They were better than he expected. That was good news. He's setting me up with a dietician about renal diets; the chemo really screwed my kidneys. And when I read, everybody says something different. It's very bewildering to know what to follow, etc. It's not just a matter of eliminating salt and not eating potatoes!
  • Expecting a couple cookbooks from Amazon about following a renal diet.
  • A quick vacuum, swiffer, wiping down. Clean out the fridge, although there's not much in it that needs to be tossed. I just always feel better if the fridge is wiped down and everything is cleaned.
  • I got butter out to soften to make some kind of cookie dough; I haven't decided on what cookies I want to make. Chocolate chip? Vanilla chip and macadamia nut? Lemon spongecake? I'm really leaning toward lemon spongecake cookies.
  • Work on a Trader Joe's list; we're going to TJ's this Saturday with my brother and SIL
  • Trash night tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished and uploaded my review for a magnificent book with fantastic pictures of found objects. Still, the Art of Noticing by Mary Jo Hoffman. She spent over a decade taking a picture every single day. Wonderful book.

Next, to finish my review of Making Fairy Garden Accessories by Anna-Marie and Andrew Fahmy.

Talk about contrasts!

Took a break in the middle and we rearranged the great room furniture to its summer configuration. Funny - we'd forgotten how things went and had to look at pictures we'd taken just in case this happened!

Then after lunch I want to move some plants, repotting those that might need it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Got everything off my to do list yesterday, including unboxing the lawnmower. As I had hoped, two quick cuts of the box ends with the saw and it rolled right out. Cutting up its box however was a half hour wrestling match. Got it all cut and bundled but couldn’t put it put in the recycling because of strong winds. Pouring rain and storms all day today so I will just do odds and ends around the house, maybe start a puzzled.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was pretty much a couch potato yesterday, so tired that I had no energy for anything. Feel better today, so while Rick is out working in the garden, I'm going to work in the house.
  • Talked to my nephrologist about the results of the kidney biopsy. They were better than he expected. That was good news. He's setting me up with a dietician about renal diets; the chemo really screwed my kidneys. And when I read, everybody says something different. It's very bewildering to know what to follow, etc. It's not just a matter of eliminating salt and not eating potatoes!
  • Expecting a couple cookbooks from Amazon about following a renal diet.
  • A quick vacuum, swiffer, wiping down. Clean out the fridge, although there's not much in it that needs to be tossed. I just always feel better if the fridge is wiped down and everything is cleaned.
  • I got butter out to soften to make some kind of cookie dough; I haven't decided on what cookies I want to make. Chocolate chip? Vanilla chip and macadamia nut? Lemon spongecake? I'm really leaning toward lemon spongecake cookies.
  • Work on a Trader Joe's list; we're going to TJ's this Saturday with my brother and SIL
  • Trash night tonight.
lemon yum!🍋

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6
Here are two links about visits I made to the Millburn NJ fairy house trail a number of years ago:

[/URL]
and
[/URL]
a link for a book review about building fairy houses
[/URL]
and a link to today's book review about making accessories for fairy houses
[/URL]

Hope you enjoy and are inspired by these fairy house related links.
[/QUOTE
thank you!!! so cool!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Went to PT.

2) Since I was nearby I went to Wal-Mart and Costco.

3) Looked at air fryer once it was unpacked. Reviewed user manual and BTW didn't gadgets used to come with a recipe booklet rather than a single recipe for buffalo chicken bites?

4) Decided the swordfish steak I bought at Costco will wait until tomorrow while I review various cooking recommendations.

5) Baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies for Himself as a thank-you for researching and ordering air fryer for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry this morning and meeting a roofing estimator this afternoon to get a bid on having my storage shed reroofed. It is 13x14 with a barn type roof so probably will be pricey. Need to pick up a few thing at the grocery afterwards.

Thinking of you Kwik Kwik !

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Signed the roofing contract and dropped it off at the post office. Cold and snowy day today but I am in the mood to do a whole house clean anyway. Put away winter winter gear, wash floors, tidy everything. I have some pork ribs in the freezer and may take them out for dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
kind of a lazy-ish day..
Was up and out early for me, doing laundry in the laundry room. Yesterday afternoon, I tried to get in there. I guess everyone had the same idea! Not a washer available! I decided to shower early and go in this morning. I had the laundry room to myself! No one came in until around noontime!

After that, I got an iced coffee. I was really hungry. I made myself a lunch of seafood salad inside a small pita breed. Then I was cold and very sleepy. There was a large sea breeze. I shut the windows, and lied down on top of the ed, with Geoffrey; blanket covering us. I got out 4 phone calls during that time; did not feel as if I napped, just had eyes closed.

Got up, returned a phone call, got a package (G's meds from Wedgewood). Threw a lot of trash away. Did not know what to have for supper, but knew that I needed something besides the seafood salad. I pulled out my popcorn pot, found a new bag of corn kernels, and popped a large pan of popcorn. Used the popcorn butter flavoring. It was so good. Having a flavored club soda with it.

I should do more paperwork, but.....
I do need to decide what is for supper tomorrow, and Sunday... need to think of things for supper all of next week.. sigh..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , I hope you're feeling better. :hugs:

Not much on our agenda today; Rick is down with a bad headache. I'll scoop boxes, but that might be it for the day. Straightening-up in the kitchen.

I looked through the renal diet cookbooks. :cringe: Bleah

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess all I can really do is the essentials,exercise the knee a bit- have P/T and ice

I'm able to feed the kitties and do the litter boxes no problem so bending is not a problem and that was my biggest concern- hurts alot but still it is better than yesterday👍😄

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I have the leftover Greek Salad for supper. I saved a lot of the dressing for today. Went to the grocery store after Church, and picked up some fresh pita bread to go with it. Have to do some ore copying of records; such a pain. In between, will be taking breaks by cuddling, trying to play with Geoffrey and medicate him.

Why is it; that each time I go to the grocery store for a few items, I end up with 3 bags!! OMGosh!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I have the leftover Greek Salad for supper. I saved a lot of the dressing for today. Went to the grocery store after Church, and picked up some fresh pita bread to go with it. Have to do some ore copying of records; such a pain. In between, will be taking breaks by cuddling, trying to play with Geoffrey and medicate him.

Why is it; that each time I go to the grocery store for a few items, I end up with 3 bags!! OMGosh!
Me too- can't ever just leave what I came for.... And how many times I've come home with 3 bags full and completely forgot about the thing I came for in the first place!!!!😂

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
fill out documents

laundry

chores

i lead an exciting life, ha!!