Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Heavy wet snow yesterday , maybe 8 or so inches plus more where it had blown or been plowed in. Debated whether it would all melt in the rain we are supposed to get this afternoon and tomorrow. But then temps drop. So I got the new snowblower out this morning to see if I could clear it. When it’s this kind of wet snow sometimes it clogs even a big machine. Fortunately it did a great job and driveway is reasonably passable. Now I am finishing my first cup of coffee and belly rubbing a needy Lola.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much really needs to be done today. I gave the living room a quick dusting just to say I did something productive.

I also used the Chom Chom on the top and front of the cushions of the loveseat as there was a bit of cat hair on them. It's Gracie's favorite spot to lay and since she's been upstairs since Friday afternoon, she has been there a lot.

Yesterday the cats got their nails cut and given their monthly dose of Revolution Plus. Churo Lickables as their reward as usual.

Hockey comes on at 12:30 so maybe after the game, I will do a quick vacuum around the house to again feel a little more productive.
What is a Chom Chom?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been so wind around here. I know I live on the beach, but this is ridiculous! My empty shopping cart was running away! My car door was closing spontaneously as soon as I opened it! I was afraid the trunk would slam shut on my head or body. I had a hard time walking up the small ramp to the building! And I am very heavy!

It is so cold! and all we are getting is RAIN on top of Rain..

This weather has been going on for about a week now, and will continue.. Perhaps a bit warmer, but.... still in the 30's...Spring??? Where??

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been so wind around here. I know I live on the beach, but this is ridiculous! My empty shopping cart was running away! My car door was closing spontaneously as soon as I opened it! I was afraid the trunk would slam shut on my head or body. I had a hard time walking up the small ramp to the building! And I am very heavy!

It is so cold! and all we are getting is RAIN on top of Rain..

This weather has been going on for about a week now, and will continue.. Perhaps a bit warmer, but.... still in the 30's...Spring??? Where??
Not here in Minnesota. In the last three days we have had snow, wind rain and now more snow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Wow, Lebanon is only a little over 90 miles south from us. No snow; we would have heard about it as our son lives down around there. I know parts of New England got hammered pretty badly. But not PA, unless it was a storm that centered directly over that area, which could happen.

My turn to get up with the girls, so
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed.
  • Cancelled Hulu, Apple+, and my Coldwater Creek account. CC has a rewards program that charges $14.99 monthly for ”free” shipping and other so-called perks. I don’t see me buying clothes for a while, so I let it go.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I faced the fact that we won't get any snow this Winter and put the snow shovels back in the shed and the ice scrapers back in the garage. Today, I need to do a few loads of laundry. Also need to pick up some cat litter since I won't be doing my weekly grocery pick up until Friday and I need to get the litter boxes changed and used litter out to the curb by Thursday afternoon.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Wow, Lebanon is only a little over 90 miles south from us. No snow; we would have heard about it as our son lives down around there. I know parts of New England got hammered pretty badly. But not PA, unless it was a storm that centered directly over that area, which could happen.

My turn to get up with the girls, so
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed.
  • Cancelled Hulu, Apple+, and my Coldwater Creek account. CC has a rewards program that charges $14.99 monthly for ”free” shipping and other so-called perks. I don’t see me buying clothes for a while, so I let it go.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc.
Oh my - smartphone I guess ,seems to say what it feels like and I didn't even notice?

He lives in New Hampshire - the city of Lebanon

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Change pick up time for tomorrow's grocery order pick up because I'm leaving work early
Pick up cat litter if it's not raining so the used stuff won't be sitting in our trash container all next week
Collect trash from around the house and take to curb for tomorrow's pick up
Change litter boxes if I was able to get some litter

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Aunt visit to pick up items she ordered from Amazon by accident. Some I could return, but others I need to find a place to donate to. Stopped and picked up cat food and did a quick thrift visit.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. Fed Ex Driver comes to the door with a big heavy package. Drops it on the step, rings the buzzer and runs back to the truck.
I look and see its for my neighbour across the street but is now broken.
2. I phone Fed Ex to come and pick it up and explain it is broken but was dropped and left on my step and needs to be picked up and returned as I have advised my neighbour.
3. Fed Ex Driver arrives, picks up package and delivers it to my neighbour.
I tried.....

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Fed Ex Driver comes to the door with a big heavy package. Drops it on the step, rings the buzzer and runs back to the truck.
I look and see its for my neighbour across the street but is now broken.
2. I phone Fed Ex to come and pick it up and explain it is broken but was dropped and left on my step and needs to be picked up and returned as I have advised my neighbour.
3. Fed Ex Driver arrives, picks up package and delivers it to my neighbour.
I tried.....
Funny thing with FedEx-extremely inconsistent ,some
drivers are very conscientious and others are way below average.... makes you wonder whats going on because there doesn't seem to be anyone minding the store,a good friend of mine worked for FedEx many years ago and used to tell me their supervisors were like undercover spies and you never knew when one was tailing you.....now they go about as if there's no one to answer to,chit chatting on their phones,flinging packages around and even dropping off 3or 4 in front of one unit in a complex so the customer can hand them out and do their job ----- what is happening these days? You sure did try - made it real easy for them yet they still screwed it up!!!! Oi vey!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Fed-Ex is unpredictable. The package delivery system is really pout of control. When I have packages from Fed-Ex, they deliver it AFTER hours. This means there is no receptionist to allow them entry into the building. They Leave packages, right in the small enclosed pre-entrance area, where it could be a Free-for all.. for anyone from the street... They deliver after 8:30pm, just as I am cozy, with PJ.s and getting sleepy. "IF" I am notified of a delivery, I have to run downstairs, in pjs and bathrobe, or jacket to cover me, and pick it up.. otherwise, it is left to chance. Ridiculous.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Fed-Ex is unpredictable. The package delivery system is really pout of control. When I have packages from Fed-Ex, they deliver it AFTER hours. This means there is no receptionist to allow them entry into the building. They Leave packages, right in the small enclosed pre-entrance area, where it could be a Free-for all.. for anyone from the street... They deliver after 8:30pm, just as I am cozy, with PJ.s and getting sleepy. "IF" I am notified of a delivery, I have to run downstairs, in pjs and bathrobe, or jacket to cover me, and pick it up.. otherwise, it is left to chance. Ridiculous.
Aggravating- that really shouldn't be unless requested by the customer- I've had packages get stolen because after 5 I'm not looking for deliveries and they sat out there ( up for grabs) all night long- it's just not right imo

Especially in a place like where you are with no access after hours- or any multi family bldgs vs single family homes with a yard or porch or somewhere safe - so irresponsible

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did all my Saturday cleaning chores yesterday so the only other task I have is laundry. I also need to go to Bob Evans tonight and pick up our Easter dinner for tomorrow. Besides that, it will be a hockey watching day for most of the day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We went to Home Depot yesterday to pick up a few pieces of trim to finish off the steps. Stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Lord, never again on a Good Friday! The place was packed with tons of kids. The noise was unreal. Must have been a "Mommy and Me" kind of thing. I never saw so many women with their kids. And the kids were loud. Oy!
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. After breakfast, Molli came back to bed and we snuggled until 8:30. Got up, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, got caught up on emails, did the litterboxes, and am getting ready to hit the grocery store.
  • Grocery store for a few things for Easter Monday. Our son and granddaughter are coming up Monday and we're having our Easter dinner then.
  • Check the plants in the Shed.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was kind of crazy..
Did a lot of phone calls--- business and pleasure. Took a very late shower. The tub was completely blocked!! UGH.. aggravating! I frequently get a slow flowing drain, so I call for them to either blow it out or snake it. This time was the worst. It was completely blocked!!
:livid: Thank Goodness it only took an hour for Maintence to respond.

I went to the 3pm Good Friday Service. It lasted almost 2 hours. I volunteered to help with the collection. Myself and 2 other woman got up to get the baskets, only to fine the "guys" took them; so not needed. The service is done in the dark, limited spotlights.

As soon as I got home, I gave Geoffrey some meds, got his dry food out. He was following me around and yelling at me for leaving him for so long! sweet boy. Then, my cell phone rang. It was Father X. He asked if I would do him a big favor. Oh Boy, I thought. Another tenant had an extra book reading lamp. He asked me to pick it up and bring it to the Rectory for the 7pm service. So I did that.
Fr X was joking with me; saying: "this is a big favor; it is a "Good" thing to do. It may not get you out of purgatory, but it will help." He was laughing as he said it....

Had a really late supper of a seafood salad on a Dave's thin sliced white bread with some chips. I had some cottage cheese before I left for the service. Of course, I ate a ton of Lorna Doone cookies. My new favorite since I gave up chocolate and all alcohol for Lent.
~~
Today:
Cleaner is in--- has not been here since well before Geoffrey got sick, and I had the flu.. I have tried to keep up .. when Geoffrey had good days.

Nothing planned today. I may, really have to dump and clean out the litter box.. and the regular trash & recyclables.

Tomorrow is Easter. Up early for Mass, give out Communion. Still do not know what to cook for Dinner. I am feeling lazy.. almost wanting to order a pizza... I have tons of stuff in here.
On the lazy note: I picked up a precooked small roast with gravy from Trader Joes. I had it for Christmas. It was good. I also picked up some already prepared double stuffed potatoes. It is easy and good for someone who is so lazy. Just need a veggie. and a dessert.
I have mint chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer.. and I have a chocolate Lindt bunny for me, and some chocolate mini eggs.