Name Three Things - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , Have you tried Veganaise ? It is plant based mayo substitute. I have to look up the sodium level. They have an avocado version also. It is hard to find. I really like it. It is in the refrigerated section. I label the date on it, since it does not have a ton of preservatives in it.

I have also seen some sodium free chicken broth in the store. I will have to look further into it.

I think it all depends on what store you go to. I can get some things at one store and other things at another.
~~~~~~~~`
Yesterday:
*Up early for a cortisone shot at the hospital, done in the Radiology Department. It was my hip.
*No vacuuming or long brushing session or morning cuddles for Geoffrey.
*I did dry Swiffer before I left. I took an Uber in and out of Boston.
*Came home just as my team was beginning the bocce game. They wanted me to play, but I said NO.. I just watched. It was a beautiful day. I was walking gingerly, small, slow steps. Xylocaine is a miracle freezing med.
* Just did minor things around the house.
* Xylocaine wore off-- started to feel some pressure and a bit of discomfort. Took an Arthritis Strength Tylenol when I tried to get to bed. I think I may take another one soon.
* Got the Cortisone face flush-- at least I feel it. It does not look it. Got the extra thirst, along with extra peeing.
sleep was pretty much non existent. Guess blood sugar was elevated a bit.

Today I cancelled a shopping trip with friends. A bit of discomfort. Will hang around here. I do have to go downstairs for a few things. Nothing major. Will do a quick vacuum; Brush and cuddle Geoffrey. Plan to either read or watch TV... and open and close windows due to stuffy warm air and rain.

Sweet Geoffrey Boy. At one point he wanted to lie against my hip, purring... instinctive.. I had to cover the injection site with my hand cuz I was afraid of him walking on it-- all 15 lbs. He still stayed with me, on my lap..

It is really weird about post injection advice. The hospital said to go about my normal activities. Everything I read o the web, said to rest for a 2-3 days.. weird. I have a busy day tomorrow, so I am going to take it easy today.
I think the last time I had a cortisone shot-- knee, I went back to work cuz they were after me to. I think the first cortisone shot I stayed home.. Cannot remember..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself and I hand carried the living room banana outside to the deck, up two steps and along to its summer home at the far end of the upper deck. Then moved the heavy coffee table back into place between couch and love seat. The rolling support and plant saucer are back in the garage for the summer. Somewhere in there I fertilized the banana and top-dressed.

I mentioned the rain gauge, Himself found it and I put it out on the deck.

A pork shoulder is slowly cooking in the crock pot: brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, canned crushed tomatoes, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, chili seasoning etc. It takes 8+ hours but there are some things I prefer in a slow cooker than pressure cooker. Or air fryer I expect.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addendum: Himself said tomorrow is supposed to have storms. And that it was up to me but if it were him he'd move his car inside. So I started loading the 4 wheeled cart with repotted plants, to move them around back. And discovered that it was probably the raccoon who tipped over and dug around in the repotted elephant ear tubers that had previously been moved. Sigh.

Other potted plants moved away from in front of my garage bay. Hastily swept out tool shed. Moved in two wheel garden cart, 4 wheel cart with buckets of wood chips, and hand truck into tool shed.

Straightened up tipped over pots and - should I say casually, or roughly - repotted the elephant ear tubers.

Car is back in garage bay.

And all I can say is it better rain.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking of you artiemom artiemom ! :hugs: So glad you were able to get that shot.

While Rick push-mowed, I worked in the house again.
  • My turn to get up with the girls, empty the dishwasher, make Rick's coffee, and go back to bed. I wish I could stay asleep during the night, so that I could awaken around 8:00 and stay awake. As it is, I wake up at 3:00 to pee, then lay in bed awake for the rest of the night. Come morning, I'm really tired. The girls are starting to move now around 5:30 in the morning, so I might as well just get up and feed them. So no sleep from 3:00 on and, if I don't go back to bed, I'm wasted.
  • Vacuumed, swiffered, etc.
  • Checked the plants out in the WeShed. Watered plants at window boxes (we had rain during the night, but they needed watering today).
  • Ordered a few salt-free seasonings and such from Amazon.
  • Started a grocery list
  • I managed to get over 5 miles in today.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to look for the baby doe who has been visiting lately. She is so beautiful

light chores

brush and trim Cal.
We have a herd that come back and forth between our place and the neighbors to the north and east .We've been able to watch their babies from last year grow and I'm sure there will be more this year.Yesterday morning there were 8 of them that meandered up our fencerow,nibbling as they went...such a glorious sight!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the flushing along with the hot & cold feelings from the cortisone shot are gone-- at least I hope so.
I have had insomnia since I got the shot. Seems like I cannot get to sleep before 3 AM! and up early.. not feeling tired.. so weird how each individual reacts to meds.... Still having a tiny bit of pressure in the hip joint.. It should be dissipated today. Fingers crossed. It would be so nice to be able to turn, cross walk--side step, sit, and lie on rt side without any pain, or diminished pain.. And to be able to take a walk....

Today:
NO Rain!! Hooray!!
* up at 6am, after falling asleep around 3AM...
* cleaned up all the litter from the bathroom floor-- Geoffrey had 'play time' in the litter box. Man, I cannot believe how much he kicked out. I swear, if I kept the floor litter, I could fill up a full litter box in one month!
* Have plenty of time to slowly do my morning chores.. Before I drive into Boston for an appointment.
I swear I am in Boston so much, that I should be working there!
* Also a "Tea Party" in here.. not sure I am going. Last year they had one, and it was very nice. This year, I am thinking it will be a bit lame.. Funds have been cut. We are asked to bring our own tea cups!!! Ridiculous! Last year they supplied everything: Tea cups and saucers, tiny tea sandwiches, sweets, etc.. and hats for us to wear. This year they asked us to buy our own hats!! So, I think it is going to be lame... If I am home in time, I may show up.. I have a Fascinator and some lace gloves.. just wearing a pink shirt.. No dresses for me!

Yesterday was a 'stay in apartment day".. Rain, heavy at times.. windows were closed all day. I put both air purifiers on hight, as fans because it was warm and stuffy in here. I was hot and cold all day long.. When rain stopped, late afternoon.. I immediately opened 2 windows, just a bit.. It was heaven.

Sweet Geoffrey, was with me all day.. sweet boy.. He did vomit early in the morning. I should have given him some mirataz, but... He really needed it; as he ate almost nothing. He is getting it today.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a herd that come back and forth between our place and the neighbors to the north and east .We've been able to watch their babies from last year grow and I'm sure there will be more this year.Yesterday morning there were 8 of them that meandered up our fencerow,nibbling as they went...such a glorious sight!
a whole herd!!!! lucky you!!!