Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Did laundry yesterday afternoon and woke up around midnight remembering I still had one load I had forgotten to put in the dryer so I headed down this morning before coffee to put it in. Cold and wet this morning buy it dries out this pm I will get rid of a few more leaves. The cold and more rain sets in tomorrow and will last at least a week so yard work is probably out for a while.

I am working on a list of potential make and freeze meals and sides. I used to make them for my mom so always had some in the freezer and would like to get back in the habit. It’s nice to be able to just pull something out when you don’t feel like cooking.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for reminding me susanm9006 susanm9006 I did this for the two of us back in July 2022 when I had knee replacement surgery. Very useful - I found serving size plastic containers that had a couple of compartments and a clear, tightly fitted lid. So - for example - I cooked elbow macaroni, slightly undercooked, tossed with a little oil, in one compartment and sauce in the smaller compartment, with a spoonful or so of shredded cheese in tinfoil (or maybe in a snackpac size plastic baggie) laying on top of the pasta. Worked very well.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for reminding me susanm9006 susanm9006 I did this for the two of us back in July 2022 when I had knee replacement surgery. Very useful - I found serving size plastic containers that had a couple of compartments and a clear, tightly fitted lid. So - for example - I cooked elbow macaroni, slightly undercooked, tossed with a little oil, in one compartment and sauce in the smaller compartment, with a spoonful or so of shredded cheese in tinfoil (or maybe in a snackpac size plastic baggie) laying on top of the pasta. Worked very well.
I have done similar - mom loved pasta- and it turns out really well. Certainly far better than store bought!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Your cats must be so scared.

Another gorgeous day. The cold weather is supposed to hit us again this weekend and then that will be it. But right now, we're in the very lower 70s for today and tomorrow.

Nothing planned for today. I'm taking it easy. Dr appt tomorrow.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
3things?I don't want to do anything today except spend time on TCS with the folks I love to be with

Watch good movies

Winchester Winchester
I would like to enjoy the company of my kitties- unfortunately we have no Peace with the inconsiderate incompetent do it yourselfers hammering from dawn til dusk-I want to stay beside Timmy all day becsuse he's less terrified at my feet:bawling2::angrywoman::bat:

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
They are scraping off the top layer of my street and repaving it. The noise is so loud and so very annoying and will probably go on all day. Lola has been voicing her displeasure since they started and may get shut in her room soon if she doesn’t settle. I am trying to find basement and office things to do since those are the quieter places today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, had coffee with a friend in here.. She published a teeny book with her poems in it.. She has been holding on to a copy for me.. She even autographed it! She is really a good writer.. short and sweet, and to the point.
Another woman, age 102, stopped by to chat for a bit.
Then out to grocery store.
Another friend dropped by with a Halloween T-shirt for me to wear at next weeks, buildings Halloween Party.. I bought a lavender wig-- cheap... we were fussing around with it. Had to do a quick vacuum after I put the wig away, behave it was 'shedding". Do not need Geoffrey eating any of the threads.
Quick supper
Out for a short Tenants Association meeting, after supper-- bunch of junk-- waste of time
~~
Today:
Regular morning stuff-- including medicating G.. and quick vacuum
Have to add litter to box... G is yelling at me. Man, does he throw the litter around..
Out early for quick errand
Building director has an open meeting today at 1pm
Nothing else planned...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
An annoying start to the morning - went to dry my hair and my hair dryer was dead. No idea and no issues until this morning when its circuit breaker popped and refused to reset. I tried to tough it out and let my hair air dry but its thick and takes forever plus I detest the feel of wet hair on my neck. So out in the cold and rain with a wet head to the local target. Fortunately they had my same hairdryer in stock and on sale. I picked up the last of my Halloween candy while I was there.

The road crew finished repaving my street around dinnertime time last night. It was a long, noisy day but it will be nice to not have to dodge potholes next Spring.

This morning is a rowing day and not a clue what else I will do.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our last nice day for quite a while. After today, we're going into a cold spell and may even get a freeze later on next week. Yesterday, I turned the minis down to 61F and then opened the windows. We were pushing 80, so there was no way the heat would come on. It felt so good and the cats were all around the windows. I may do it again today, the last time probably for the season. Last night, we slept with just the flannel sheet and we were warm.

We got our order from Dakin Farm yesterday, along with some recipes for maple syrup. I tried maple syrup iced coffee for Dear Richard and kept it in the fridge overnight. Drained it and filtered the grounds out this morning and then he added a good glug of maple syrup, some ice, and creamer. He said it was really good, although maybe a bit on the strong side. We do love our maple syrup. I always get a Grade A Dark/Robust because the flavor doesn't bake out so much in cookies and such. The order also contained smoked meats and some cheeses. Perfect for a nice tray for movie nights.
  • I need to scoop this morning.
  • General straightening-up, wiping, etc. Nothing big.
  • When Rick turns the football game on, I'm heading out to the Shed.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a garden club meeting today, about 45 minutes from home. Topic is Current Trends in English Gardening including Changes at Great Dixter

We're asked to bring nibbles / finger food so last night I made that all time favorite - onion soup / sour cream dip. This morning I prepped vegetables. Have a box of crackers.

Finished my coffee, need to wash my mug, pack the cooler, and depart.

Defrosted a meatloaf for dinner tonight, to be shoved in the oven in a timely manner after I'm home. Of course today is supposed to be warm but Himself really likes meatloaf so it will be good.

O.K. Now I'm almost ready to be off. Bye for now..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I love real maple syrup. I agree about the dark amber variety. I love it in my coffee.. and with oatmeal!! delish!

Today I feel lazy.. I have been running around all week. Geoffrey is really missing me. Right now he is in his carrier--- really weird. It is in the living room. I think he wants to be near me.
Not much traffic on the road. It is high tide. Windows are wide open. I can hear the tide roar. This is the last day of close to 80 degrees today. Then we are getting really cold, with frost possible this week. and rain.

Have stuff to do around here.. but again, lazy.. I will take it minute by minute.
And spend cuddling time with Geoffrey. Yesterday, each time, he wanted to cuddle, I could not because of phone, or something.. poor kitty..

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I love real maple syrup. I agree about the dark amber variety. I love it in my coffee.. and with oatmeal!! delish!

Today I feel lazy.. I have been running around all week. Geoffrey is really missing me. Right now he is in his carrier--- really weird. It is in the living room. I think he wants to be near me.
Not much traffic on the road. It is high tide. Windows are wide open. I can hear the tide roar. This is the last day of close to 80 degrees today. Then we are getting really cold, with frost possible this week. and rain.

Have stuff to do around here.. but again, lazy.. I will take it minute by minute.
And spend cuddling time with Geoffrey. Yesterday, each time, he wanted to cuddle, I could not because of phone, or something.. poor kitty..
Never tried maple syrup in coffee?!!! Sorta like honey in tea,huh? Can't wait to try it with my coffee tomorrow - regular syrup? Like pancake syrup? Who thinks of these things- brilliant!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Never tried maple syrup in coffee?!!! Sorta like honey in tea,huh? Can't wait to try it with my coffee tomorrow - regular syrup? Like pancake syrup? Who thinks of these things- brilliant!
Yeah, Maple syrup in coffee. It has to be REAL Maple Syrup, not the imitation type. Not regular OTC maple syrup. When I want it, I just add a tsp or so to my coffee. I usually drink my coffee without any sweetener.

As far as tea, I do not think it is a "go'.. I never cared for the taste of it in tea. But I do use sugar in tea-- dark, tiny bit of milk and sugar.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Maple syrup in coffee. It has to be REAL Maple Syrup, not the imitation type. Not regular OTC maple syrup. When I want it, I just add a tsp or so to my coffee. I usually drink my coffee without any sweetener.

As far as tea, I do not think it is a "go'.. I never cared for the taste of it in tea. But I do use sugar in tea-- dark, tiny bit of milk and sugar.
So not Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima? Lol I guess I don't have REAL maple syrup( whaddya spect from a yank raised in NYC?) I'm gonna try it anyway for now,lol

I suppose I'll skip the tea idea- rofl

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I briefly contemplated going out and mowing more leaves since it’s dry today but decided to hold off until next week when it is warmer (27 degrees today). Moved stuff around in the car so I could add windshield scraper, gloves and other winter necessities. Did a deep clean of the big bathroom.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I briefly contemplated going out and mowing more leaves since it’s dry today but decided to hold off until next week when it is warmer (27 degrees today). Moved stuff around in the car so I could add windshield scraper, gloves and other winter necessities. Did a deep clean of the big bathroom.
Did the same today pulled out the winter tote and put in the car added new batteries for the flashlights in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.