Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccagore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Clean entire house! 
  • Clean, and organize all of clothes/closets.
  • Spend time with Little Ms. Lydia before she goes to her new home Saturday. :( 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her breakfast and pills, then made mine
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes (and cleaned up the urine that ended up on the under-the-litter box tray -- happens sometimes, but an easy clean up), took out the trash
  • scooped the ashes out of the wood stove and laid a fire (for tonight, to get the house warm enough that the residual heat will last us through the night)
  • will start writing up saturdays shopping list, and the list of questions for the vet (for snick's appointment on saturday)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Will walk over to the coffee store in town over my lunch break; I'm down to five k-cups. It's probably about 3 miles round trip, so that's not too bad.
  • While Rick is bowling tonight, I need to mow the lawn. He was going to do it last night, but got busy with some computer work that needed to get done.
And that will probably be all I get done tonight.

beccagore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
• Finish cleaning the house.
• Move boxes outside to be burned.
• Try to think of something for dinner.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her sub-q's, her breakfast, and her pills. then made my breakfast.
  • talked with the roofer, they'll be doing the last level of my roof (and a couple other house things) either next week or the week after.
  • snick started straining in the litter box around 1pm this afternoon. we have a vet appointment scheduled for this saturday, but i called and let them know that snick probably has a UTI. they'll put a note for the vet, so she'll know when we get there.
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash.
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, laid a fire, and lit it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with Snick's vet appt tomorrow 

• Walk over to the library during lunch today
  • Rick is coming in right after work so we can run errands; then we need to grab some cat food and a jug of scoopable litter for next week. If we get them tonight, I won't have to go for any groceries next Monday while he's gone
  • Head to the mall because Rick thinks he needs a haircut 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you @Winchester !  tomorrows vet appointment is snick's regular every other month blood draw appt, along with her annual physical and shots. though i'd rather snick not have a UTI, it couldn't be timed better. i actually think the sub-q's help to flush out bacteria from a UTI, but this can also make it harder to detect that a UTI is "brewing". snick made a perfectly comfortable urine this morning in the litter box. this is only the second UTI that snick has ever had, the last one was last october. i missed that some loss of bladder control and dribbling of urine are among the symptoms of a UTI last year, and missed it again this year. so...i put a note to myself up where snick gets her fluids, as a constant reminder to myself that those are symptoms of a UTI. my hope is that i won't miss those signs if snick gets another UTI in the future.
  • gave snick her breakfast and pills, then made mine
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes (and cleaned up the urine that ended up on the under-the-litter box tray -- happens sometimes, but an easy clean up), took out the trash, and brought in the newspaper
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, then laid a fire (will light it this afternoon when it starts to cool down)
  • organized my schedule/plan for tomorrow morning, then wrote it up in a "to do" list
  • did some fine tuning of my october budget

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
finished my 4 ten hour shifts for the week.

Day for sleep,watched next episode of Project Runway.

Cleaned the kitchen,getting ready for farmer market weekly.will miss the market come winter.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Must run to the post office to mail off some letters. Need stamps, too, while I'm there.
  • Cleaned out the litter boxes this morning. I'm waiting for it to get lighter outside before taking the litter bag out to the trash can.
  • Well, Rick left for the airport this morning at 4:00. I think I'm going to spend my day in the basement, doing some general clean-up and straightening things up a bit. Some organizing. Wipe down the freezers and the washer and dryer. A good dusting to get rid of some cobwebs (I'm not fond of spiders and cobwebs.) And a good vacuuming is needed. And while I'm down there, I'm going to wash a load of cat stuff: pillow covers, blankies, and such. It won't be an all-day job, but it will be close!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to an AMAZING Goodwill.  Sad I just went for first time last month and we have lived about 10 miles away for 5 years!

Wash baby clothes(washed already but keeping them fresh)

Cat stuff.  Anything I can do tonight is less for tomorrow:)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is the AM I would just give up and call it a stay in bed on net/watch tv sorta day:p

Go out for breakfast.  Dunkin or maybe Ihop. 

Finish washing baby stuff.

Bathe dog if it does not rain.  

I am not planning much:) 

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
went to farmers market.

mail ordered some gifts for relatives birthdays.

played canasta with family,we won one lost  two.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Stepped in hairball vomit in the dark with right foot. Wiped up.

Stepped in hairball vomit part two with left foot. Wiped up.

Threw out socks.
Been there. More than once. Only in bare feet. Nothing wakes you up faster than the squish of cat puke and hairballs between your toes.

Smokem, I'm a Canasta fan. My father taught me how to play. I was never able to beat him. I wish I could find a good player as I love the game.
  • I'm going out to the garden this morning, once it gets light. I need to check the lima beans and I'm going to tear out some more plants for drying, so Rick can burn them later on. Spent yesterday in the basement, will spend the morning up in the garden. It is supposed to rain today with a chance of t-storms in the afternoon. If it does rain, then I'm going back into the basement for a while. I'm off work tomorrow, so will attack the house then. 
It's sad. Not too long ago, I remember awakening at 5:00 and walking on the treadmill and it was getting light. Then it got to be 5:30 before it started to get light. Now it's  6:44 in the morning as I type this, and it's just now starting to get light. It's depressing....I don't know where the summer has gone already. It's over. 

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her breakfast and pills, then made mini
  • moved the beef roast from freezer to the fridge to start thawing
  • cut up more l-lysine pills for snick
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, and brought the sunday newspaper in
  • located the slow cooker apple butter recipe (i bought the first batch of apples yesterday!!!)
  • gave snick her antibiotic pill at 1pm, will give her her probiotic capsule at around 5pm
  • relax and recuperate from yesterdays very long busy day...
  • got things ready to order a couple cases of fluids (for sub-q's) for snick -- with the fluids shortage it's a real struggle to find them and to get (i wouldn't say reasonable but) the best price

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Housework--vacuum, dust, clean the kitchen and the bathroom floors, all that good stuff (I'm not going crazy because I just don't feel like it). Some general straightening-up; I'm going to put the window fans away, things like that. Some kitchen cabinet organizing. 
  • Laundry--it's just my stuff and the bed linens. I may take down the bathroom curtains and shower curtains and wash them, while I'm at it. Did a load of cat linens yesterday.
  • Scooped the litter boxes after giving the kids their breakfast this morning. Once it gets light outside, I'll take it out to the trash can.
The second season of Sleepy Hollow starts tonight! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I did a mountain of laundry yesterday and Saturday so today I have a day of rest - sort of. 

What I need to do or not do is:

Not go clothes or shoe shopping.  (Too many nice winter things I'm seeing on web sites that I love but don't need 
 ).

Give my bedroom a thorough clear out and vacuum.  

Do a sensible food and 'household stuff' shop.

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Day off today so.......

Need to de fur the blind in bedroom. Black cat... cream blind!

Change bed sheets and put some washing on.

Take up some new curtains I brought for the dining room. (I ruined the old ones by washing them in the machine when they were meant to be dry cleaned!) Well I thought if I did them on a gentle wash they would be ok.........nope!:doh3:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • got the wood stove going first thing this morning, i was cold in bed last night
  • gave snick her sub-q's, her breakfast, and her pills, then made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, then took out the trash and brought the newspaper in
  • got the ham baking in the oven -- yum!!! my first ham to bake. it's a fresh (not cured) ham and i'm using paula deen's recipe to bake it -- simple recipe. i got it from the meat market on saturday, they get their meats fresh from the farms.
  • will need to take a nap today, as i only got about 3 1/2 to 4 hours sleep last night. i discovered fraudulent charges on a credit card late last night  
    , so was involved in checking into that for too long and into the wee hours of the morning. it looks like the fraudulent charges were coming from eastern european countries, maybe somehow related to the recent home depot data breach, though i haven't used a credit card at home depot in several years. calls to the credit card company are being made today too.  
  • just talked with the veterinarian and got snick's recent blood work results. she's got slightly elevated bun and creatinine, that's a given since she has ckd, but they're almost the same as they were two months ago -- so she's basically stable right now. snick's calcium level has remained in the normal range, for 4 months now. and snick's urine showed no blood, but they did find bacteria in it -- which we expected because snick has had symptoms recently of a possible UTI. so no increase in sub-q fluid amounts or frequency, and we're to continue with the antibiotic and probiotic we got at saturday's vet appointment to treat the UTI.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a walk tonight!  It was to hot/humid past few days and I REALLY want to walk a bit!

Garbage all out as missed some from last week.  In our house that is borderline a disaster:p

Clean as much as I can.  always something to clean just after the temps last few days it built up even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.