Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Work for the afternoon - walked there and back.

Load of laundry (again).  Still have to go get it out of the machine and hang it up to dry. 

Play with Mouse.  Found a mouse toy he likes this morning (it had been hiding somewhere for a week or two) and he's been hunting it down since I got home.  It's got an elastic tail with a pom pom on the end which he loves because it tends to pull away from him when he catches it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. I really don't know. I'd like to try to keep busy today.
  • I scooped this morning after giving the kids their breakfast.
  • It's supposed to start showering this morning, followed by a steady rain most of the afternoon. I guess I should get off my duff and walk up to the garden to see about peppers and lima beans before the rain starts in.
  • The basement needs some cleaning, but I was going to wait til dear Richard leaves next week for that. We'll see how things go.
ETA: Got the garden picked, but got caught in the rain getting the limas. No, I didn't melt. But it's cold outside, even with sweats on. Damp and chilly. Got the beans and the peppers in the freezer and am drinking my second cup of coffee.

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Petsmart.  Nice and early before the dog adoptions.

Do cat rooms.

Go out later to grab coffee.  If it thunders this plan will change as dog can not be left crated while thundering(well can be...but not a good outcome)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • got the wood stove going again -- chilly enough here that i've had it going since late last night, just using small/thin pieces of wood one at a time
  • gave snick her breakfast and pills, then made mine
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, bundled up the trash (it's raining here, so will wait until it stops to run out the trash)
  • recuperate from yesterdays busy day...maybe a nap later this afternoon

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Got home from afternoon at work and:

Scooped poop.

Vacuumed the apartment.

Washed the dishes.

In domesticated mode.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
rearranged living room so I could mop-

new mop!Libman freedom did the walls too!

Quit smoking two years ago,made it easier to clean walls.

while moving furniture-ugh-bent the wireless usb port-had

to go buy another one,office depot.

No internet!Oh no!Im getting bad as the kids.

Farmers market-potatoes,kale,swiss chard,ochra,zuchini,cucumber

red peppers-asian pears,last few tomatoes..

now to the kitchen,back to work tommorow.

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When headache subsides(and even if it doesn't):

Spot-clean vomit(a new food didn't go over well with two of the boys)

Wash bedding...again(see above)

Vacuum

Steam clean carpets

Bake a couple loaves of gluten-free vegan bread for SO

Whatever else I can summon the energy to accomplish (MANY things on this list)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Getting ready to take my second load of laundry to the basement
  • Changed the bed sheets this morning and put flannel sheets on the bed. I'm debating if I want to put the electric blanket on the bed, too. It was 46 degrees here this morning and that's way too cold for me without something.
  • A quick vacuum and dust throughout the house. Clean the bathroom, scoop the boxes, all that good stuff.
Yesterday, after getting the beans and peppers into the freezer, I did nothing else! All day long. I lounged. In fact, in the afternoon, I went to bed with my Nook and the cats and I fell asleep and took a 2-hour nap while watching Star Trek: The Motion Picture and The Wrath of Khan on SyFy. It was rainy and damp and chilly and a good day to lounge. I don't lounge very often and it felt good. Even with my nap in the afternoon, I was still in bed and sound asleep last night by 11:30. Slept straight thru until 5:00 this morning when Boo started yelling for breakfast. 

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1. Doing laundry right now.

2. Finish "Gravesly" the English butler life-sized Halloween prop, which I started building yesterday.  The cats will be grateful, as he freaks them out! when they come downstairs!

3. Make a Crock-Pot of beef-vegetable soup, as the weather has turned Autumnal here. I think it would be great for dinner tonight, with crusty rolls.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her sub-q's, her breakfast, and her pills. then made my breakfast.
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, and brought in the newspaper
  • laid a fire in the wood stove -- might light it tonight if it gets chilly enough

beccagore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far today. 
  • Fed the chickens.
  • Picked lettuce, and tomatoes from the garden.
  • Made bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast. 

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1. Did 2 loads of washing then it rained so couldn't do any more

2. Moved the furniture around in the home office / spare room (which confused my two no end!)

3. Sorted through the TV cupboard and threw out a load of VHS videos

now going to relax and play 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got home around 1:30 this morning, so we're both a little pooped (I tried to stay awake for him, but couldn't). He was still in bed when I left. He's going to take a 1/ 2-day today and go into work at lunch time. He leaves again this coming Saturday morning, this time for Portland.
  • Must grab some cat supplies; we're down to 7 cans of cat food in the pantry and we can't let the kibblekrunchers starve now, can we? 
  • A couple loads of laundry tonight, pretty much whatever Rick brought home from Vegas
  • Scoop the litter boxes

beccagore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So much needs done today, lol.

• Wash a ton of dishes.

• Fix garbage disposal/dishwasher

• Put latches in my daughters dresser so she'll stop throwing her clean clothes everywhere, lol.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her breakfast and pills, then made mine
  • made jello with fruit -- easy of the tummy and i'm just getting through a gastro upset
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash
  • wrote up my "to do" list for tomorrows busy day
  • will call the roofer this afternoon

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Re-organised my sitting room after finally getting rid of my old sofa and a spare arm chair that wasn't very comfy.  2 weeks with furniture over load was way too long or me.

A load of laundry done and hung up to dry.

Went out to meet a friend at a local ice cream parlour and got treated to a mint chocolate ice cream sundae. 
   It was gooooood. 

beccagore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
• Fixed garbage disposal, and dishwasher.

•made lunch for my daughter, and myself.

• Making biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Scooped this morning before my shower to get ready for work
  • Planning Commission meeting right after work this afternoon; it's a long one
  • Mix the dough for Rick's snickerdoodles and get it in the fridge to chill overnight

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Up and out early to meet another friend for 'morning coffee' which was actually a couple of pots of tea at a mall close to her mum's house.

Had a roof top aerial fitted for my TV as the last stage in the redecoration of my sitting room. 

Found out I didn't have an aerial cable to connect my new roof top aerial to the TV 
  Went out and bought new aerial cable and now watching TV...  

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Over lunch today, walk out to the natural foods store for cashews for Dear Richard. If I have time, I'd like to stop at the farmers market for some garlic, too, but I don't know if I can swing both of them in an hour. The store is about a mile away and the market is right on my way back to work.
  • Bake snickerdoodles tonight for Dear Richard (when he saw me making the cookie dough last night, he gave me a hug; that man loves his snickerdoodles)
  • Trash night

Status
Not open for further replies.