Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Must do some site inspections (have to take pictures of stormwater improvements on sites with new poultry barns), am leaving shortly

Hair appt this afternoon, right after work

Start working on a "honey-do" list for dear Richard; he's taking some vacation and wants me to make a list of things I'd really like to have done within the next two weeks. (I think he'll be sorry he asked and will probably tell me that he won't get half of my list finished)

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a short phone interview this morning.

Doing some sculpting or rigging.

Window shopping (online) for some affordable window ACs and box fans, probably going to buy one of each, potentially two ACs this weekend.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is working OT this morning and I'm working on laundry. When he gets home, we have errands to run: Coffee shop, banking, Target for meds, etc.

Mow the lawn this afternoon and work in the yard

Making my Strawberry Dream Cake and potato salad tonight for our Memorial Day picnic tomorrow. I took the pulled pork and the baked beans out of the freezer this morning and stuck them in the fridge to thaw for tomorrow. Still have to make my Espresso BBQ sauce for the pork sandwiches. And will make mint tea....there's enough mint coming up in the garden that I should be able to get some leaves! 

I'm looking forward to the strawberry cake. It's from Cook's Country and you don't use powdered Jell-O. Instead you microwave frozen strawberries and mash them to get the juice, then cook the juice down and use it in the cake. The strawberry solids leftover from mashing to get the juice are then used in the cream cheese frosting. I'm not fond of cream cheese, but with the strawberries in the frosting, it should be pretty good. The cake is made with cake flour instead of regular flour. Two layers, with sliced fresh strawberries in the filling between the layers. I'm hoping it's good! I want to dip some fresh strawberries in chocolate tonight, if I have time, and then each serving will also have a dipped strawberry. My sister and I were originally going to make and decorate sugar cookies, but there's no time for that now.

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take the kid to guitar lessons

Visit the Pet Beastro. I might even take the essential oils class at 10. We need some more food and they had a toy we wanted to pick up.

Take DHs car to a dealership and see how much we can get for it. The other dealership told us 2100. Hoping for 3K. Otherwise DH wants to sell it himself. But I really want him to have a new car soon, mainly because he complains everyday about the AC not working. The car has become a money pit lately and I want it out of my life. I would have taken the first 1500 offer. DH works today, but I was thinking since it was the last day of the month I might gets a better deal.

I was originally just going to reply that I love Cooks County. I should probably subscribe. I need to see if they have it at Costco. We got a recipe for Salt and Vinegar potatoes from there that were the best thing ever.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning the bird cages.

Going cat food, candy, and AC shopping.

Sculpting and/or rigging.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Take the kid to guitar lessons

Visit the Pet Beastro. I might even take the essential oils class at 10. We need some more food and they had a toy we wanted to pick up.

Take DHs car to a dealership and see how much we can get for it. The other dealership told us 2100. Hoping for 3K. Otherwise DH wants to sell it himself. But I really want him to have a new car soon, mainly because he complains everyday about the AC not working. The car has become a money pit lately and I want it out of my life. I would have taken the first 1500 offer. DH works today, but I was thinking since it was the last day of the month I might gets a better deal.

I was originally just going to reply that I love Cooks County. I should probably subscribe. I need to see if they have it at Costco. We got a recipe for Salt and Vinegar potatoes from there that were the best thing ever.
Those Salt and Vinegar potatoes are just wonderful, aren't they? That recipe has become a staple around here and I make them often. I get both Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country. Do you get CREATE on tv? Every night at 8:30 (Eastern), either Cook's Country or America's Test Kitchen has one episode. I got the cookbooks for each show and they are both really good, although I do tend to like Cook's Country a little more. Cook's Country also has a recipe for Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes, which is a very old-fashioned recipe. I've made it a couple times now and it's a keeper. 

Good luck with your DH's car; I hope he gets the price! 

We worked outside all day yesterday and then I did a bit of housework, so I got the cake baked, but that was it. I made the Espresso BBQ Sauce for the pork last night.
  • This morning, I need to frost the cake, make the potato salad and the broccoli salad, and throw together some mint tea. I'm also making the Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes for our picnic today, too. The pulled pork is thawed and ready to go into the crock pot. The baked beans are thawed, too, and ready to go into their crock pot.
  • Laundry, nothing much just the bed sheets and some towels
  • Scoop boxes
(And here I sit at the computer, drinking my coffee)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course! I had no idea fudge was so easy to make now that I'm looking at other recipes too. Methinks my summer might have lots of fudge in it, but then my winter would have lots of fat-pant-regrets.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Bottom Dollar for groceries. 

Have to go to buy litter and then do some general cleaning.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Cut up the fudge I made yesterday - I used this recipe and it's tasty, but it's like a brick of solid diabetes:http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/05/22/cake-batter-white-chocolate-fudge/

It's a High Tea day, so I'm heading downtown to hang out with some art nerds and succumb to a sugar coma

Then I have to do a personality and cognitive test for a job -_-
Well, there's a another food site I have to bookmark. That fudge looks sinfully good and I may try it this weekend. Thank you. (Those cookies on her site look darn good, too, BTW). We're going to have a picnic with friends on Saturday and the fudge will go with us if I get it made.

Rick took a vacation day (and I use that term loosely, because he is doing work at home) and he's going to steam-clean the carpets, the kitchen and bathroom floors, and the furniture in the living room. It's still a vacation day, since he's not at work, I guess. But he's going to be busy (I hope).
  • Work on a grocery list to go shopping today right after work
  • Work on some laundry (that's a never-ending job right there)
  • Do some weeding tonight

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing. My boyfriend had fudge for breakfast yesterday, lol. I really like this site too - they actually ripped the cake batter fudge from Sally's Baking Addiction and I happened to find the original when I was looking for Chococlate, Chocolate, and More: http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/recipe-index/

Today..

- Finish my cognitive assessment. I got home WAY later than I thought I would last night and didn't get the last few questions done.

- Having a picnic with a friend down at the lakefront. I'm excited because she's bringing bubbletea *_* Since I live nowhere near a Chinatown or any Asian restaurants or stores, I never get any, so I'm excited.

- Going on a ship ride!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- wait around for roofing shingles to be delivered
- get new truck inspected
- pick up a few groceries

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't get the laundry done last night.....tonight is another night. Was busy outside last night.

Go over to the courthouse today during lunch to get a copy of our deed and our neighbor's deed. We have contacted a surveyor to come in and survey our property and then put a stake into that corner that's missing its stake. Once that's done, we're hiring a tree person to come in and trim all of our neighbor's branches that are on our property to the property line; some of them are on our property by a good 14-16 feet and they are starting to affect our trees. Since they're trying to sell their property, this seems like a good time to get the property line figured out once and for all.Eventually, we're installing a fence. Enough is enough.

I'd like to take some pictures of some of our flowers tonight, if the rain holds off.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Scooped poop

Vacuumed the apartment

Cleaned the bathroom.

'Nice' way to spend my day off, but I guess I can't spend the whole day on TCS. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Trash night tonight....clean the litterboxes

Change the bed sheets (I just did them Sunday morning, but it's been fairly warm at night and with the cats being in bed with us, I want to change them again....cat fur, lots of cat fur 
 Mollipop likes to sleep on my pillow and well, ick. I feel like I'm breathing hair.)

Work outside a bit (we got just barely enough rain last night to settle the dust and that was it. It's supposed to rain tonight, but we may need to water tonight, if it doesn't do something)

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping to go shopping at a Factory Direct and Home Depot and if all goes well, potentially install an air conditioner in the bird room.

Finish a little doodle I started last night.

Get to sculpting a friend's original comic book characters - her comic is ending at the end of July so I'm gonna do my best to get the main two done in 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.