go through a giant pile of mail

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Banking and a couple of errands - nothing major

Whatever laundry Rick needs to have done for packing his luggage

Clipping Molli and Tabby's claws and cleaning Tabby's ears (We should have done it this past weekend, but Rick was sick and he wasn't going there. I don't want the girls to wait until next weekend.)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take my potential new car to the shop to give it a once over before signing

Make cat food, ugh

Clean the house since l work overtime tomorrow before starting my own work week

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Go for a walk
Bring a bunch of electrical items to be recycled
feed the birds

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Andrya, how did you car do at the garage? Did it pass with flying colors?
  • Clean this house (I've been putting major cleaning off until this weekend. With dear Richard gone, I can rip through the house all day long....once I get started, that is. Need to get off the forums and move.)
And that's it. The house cleaning is going to be a bit of a chore on its own.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
And that's it. The house cleaning is going to be a bit of a chore on its own.
Ugh, isn't that the truth? We have some people stopping by tomorrow that have never seen the house before. I started cleaning yesterday. :rolleyes: I've still got the bathroom and kitchen to do. I just don't enjoy cleaning. I wish I were one of those people that did.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Andrya, how did you car do at the garage? Did it pass with flying colors?
Oh how l wish! l drove it (Ridgeline) to my mechanic and LOVED it. l was so very happy to have found it. Put it in the shop and my mechanic didn't even hoist it before calling me over to look at it. lt had an aftermarket hood and was repainted from front to back. l took it back and learned it had a claim for "environmental" damages for $10,000!!! So yeah, l walked away. lt could be 100% mechanically sound, but not knowing what the "environmental" is, l'm very leery. lt could be flood, vandalism, hail, a tree could have fallen on it, etc. Sigh. l'm back at square one.

Today, l need to work, start a new search for a car, do banking

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far I've changed the sheets and vacuumed half the house.
Done lots of washing and cleaned the human toilet.
Need to get off TCS and clean the cats toilets and exercise.
Oh but it's so nice on the couch checking up on my cat friends !!! ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Oh how l wish! l drove it (Ridgeline) to my mechanic and LOVED it. l was so very happy to have found it. Put it in the shop and my mechanic didn't even hoist it before calling me over to look at it. lt had an aftermarket hood and was repainted from front to back. l took it back and learned it had a claim for "environmental" damages for $10,000!!! So yeah, l walked away. lt could be 100% mechanically sound, but not knowing what the "environmental" is, l'm very leery. lt could be flood, vandalism, hail, a tree could have fallen on it, etc. Sigh. l'm back at square one.

Today, l need to work, start a new search for a car, do banking
I am so glad you took it to be checked over! That could have been ugly. I'm sorry you're back to square one, but I'd rather have you starting over than buying a truck that may have given you nothing but hassle. With everything going on weather-wise, I'm thinking flooding. But that's JMO.

But I'm curious....how did you find out about the claim for environmental damage? Nobody told you until after you took the truck back to the dealer and told them what your mechanic said? If that's true, I would run from that dealer....and be grateful you found out!
  • Stripped the bed and am washing sheets now...I have three loads to do today (the bed, a load of towels, and a load of cats' stuff)
  • Vacuum (Got the dusting and straightening-up done, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen yesterday, worked back here in the computer room, worked on sorting recyclables. My brother and SIL stopped in for a visit and that was that. My sister invited me over for dinner, too. So I still need to vacuum the house.)
  • Manicure tonight (I broke two nails yesterday, darn it, so I'm cutting all my nails down and putting clear polish on for a couple of weeks, til they start growing back out)

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feed my friend's fish (she's going out-of-state for spring break)

Two loads of laundry (clothing and towels)

Vacuumed downstairs

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so glad you took it to be checked over! That could have been ugly. I'm sorry you're back to square one, but I'd rather have you starting over than buying a truck that may have given you nothing but hassle. With everything going on weather-wise, I'm thinking flooding. But that's JMO.

But I'm curious....how did you find out about the claim for environmental damage? Nobody told you until after you took the truck back to the dealer and told them what your mechanic said? If that's true, I would run from that dealer....and be grateful you found out!
Thanks! l almost didn't take it because the dealer had already used a 3rd party to check it out mechanically. 

The sales guy had already told me he had the Carfax if l wanted to check it out. But, of course duh, not trusting that it would tell me anything, l went ahead to the mechanic first to see what turned up. The Carfax showed the claim.

l've found another. lt's a Ridgeline, it's not too far away, it drove nicely, shows up as a clean record, and l have an appointment with my mechanic on Friday. He's holding it with a deposit that l'll buy it if it inspects clean and sound. Fingers crossed.

Left OT early, not much happening at work. Now l need to:

Cook for the week

Launder towels and all bedding

BUDGET!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pick up a prescription
Need to check out a few sale items at another store
clean up some of the oil in the garage

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
So far today I have slept in until just before noon, played DaBird with Mouse, and thrown Mouse a large number of biscuits to chase after however not much movement off my sofa.... enjoying my day off feeling like I am finally getting the better of the evil cold.  Today I should:

Do a couple of loads of laundry and get them hung up to dry.

Vacuum the apartment.

Clean the bathroom.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice that Larry was home but as for the rest of it: As for the dermatologists, hope all's well.  Generally I  think I'd skip that day, go for a nice long rest, and hope that threatening cold goes way...  Hope it isn't the one I've got coz it's an evil one. :alright:
Thanks ! :hugs: :hugs: Nope - no evil one for me. AND - hope you are not getting that cold !!!! I am still suffering with one - mostly sinus and head congestion - and along with that comes the headache. :slant:

-----------------

Busy day for me today so lets see.... :think: to list a few things:

1. Linens all changed/washed today AND kitty beds.
2. 3 Mid-day dog walks AND :woohoo: Almost SIXTY DEGREES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me feel great. Although, SNOW SNOW for Wednesday. :rolleyes:
3. Some yard clean-up. Taking advantage of the nice weather and sunshine today.

(tonight - watching the Bachelor finale - HEY - it's entertaining :lol3:)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I managed a single (but large) load of washing and got it hung up to dry, and cleaned the bathroom but didn't quite make it to the vacuuming.....   I was going to strip the bed and clean out my bedroom but my excuse is that Mouse was in the middle of the bed and he looked so comfy there I didn't want to disturb him. 

Cold is finally getting better - this is day 10!!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed a single (but large) load of washing and got it hung up to dry, and cleaned the bathroom but didn't quite make it to the vacuuming.....   I was going to strip the bed and clean out my bedroom but my excuse is that Mouse was in the middle of the bed and he looked so comfy there I didn't want to disturb him. ;)
Hee! hee! I use that excuse for making the beds too!! Sometimes I carry them to a new place but it does disturb them.

Today for me.
Took car to repairer so had to walk home with heavy groceries.
Folding and ironing washing also hung out more washing.
Exercised and searched for new dinner recipe ideas.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MServant  

Glad to hear that. That's a long cold.. 

Took a walk in the woods today - upper 60s today! 
It was nice.

Visited my younger sister who's getting chemotherapy for small cell lung cancer. She's so sweet and it hurt to see her so tired.

Washed a pillow that Alaina constantly sleeps on. She wasn't happy. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@AlainasMom, I'm sorry to hear about your sister.  I know I'd find it hard seeing one of my brothers not well like that.

The thought of Alaina and her clean pillow made me laugh, Mouse always steels my new, clean pillows with clean pillow cases on but if I dare to wash the blankie in his box!  

Today:

Walk down the road for a GP appointment, sun shining so not to arduous.

Strip the bed and get those sheets, pillow cases and duvet cover washed....  Mouse permitting.

Wash some dishes: they are growing out of the sink at this point and my little house guest is out at her volunteering job so it looks like I'll have to do some for a change.... 

Status
Not open for further replies.