Name those kittens!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go back to my Baby Aby thread in breeders, you'll know that mine learn to use the litter box by 5 weeks!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many boys/girls are there? I like themed names for litters since they aren't going to be permanent names anyway.

The Office:
Jim, Pam, Michael, Dwight, Angela, Phyllis, Andy, Creed, Kelly, Stanley, Toby, Ryan, etc.

Good Luck Charms:
Lucky, Clover, Penny, Goldie, Star, Wishbone, & Horseshoe

Halloween Names:
Jack, Pumpkin, Trick, Treat, Ghost, Candy, & Midnight

Bakery:
Cookie, Cupcake, Sugar, Donut, Pie, Biscuit, etc.

Wizard of Oz Names:
Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow, Lion, Ruby, Emerald, Glenda, Munchkin

Alice in Wonderland Names:
Alice, Rabbit (for one of the white kitties), Queenie, Mad Hatter, Dodo, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, etc.

Football Teams:
Bear, Cowboy, Chief, Charger, Titan, Lion, etc.

Friends Names:
Ross, Pheobe, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey, Gunther, etc.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just want to call them mine!! They are so cute! I would try to name them something that goes together. Pick your fave TV show and name em after people on it.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What little sweeties!

I like the name Pyewacket (the name has quite a history) but have never named a cat that because I never remember it when I should. I had a kitty named Moon-Pie (RIP) who was a real firecracker and a sweetie and I always like that name, too. I didn't name her, but she was a tortie who had the colors of the cookie/confectionary by the same name.

Good luck!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the 7 Wonders of the World:

Giza, Babylon, Zeus, Olympia, Artemis, Colossus, Alexandria

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

[/url]
This one should be Yoda!! You could give them all Star Wars names?

Also, Here's a question. Mom still get's really nervous when i pick them out of the box. I REALLY want to grab them all and put them on the bed, but mom gets in the middle no matter what I do. Would it be terrible to lock her in the other room and scoop them all out to the bed? i have yet to take more than two at a time out because she just gets so upset.=
Just leave them be. You'll get plenty of cuddle time later, and she's doing what any mum would do. They're her responsibility, and you probably keep making them smell like people - eww!

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Sneezy
Sleepy
Dopey
Doc
Happy
Bashful
Grumpy
That was my first thought too!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're adorable...every last one! Like Abymummy says, they usually do well in a low-sided litterbox by 5 weeks. I usually start offering food around then, and if they start to eat that, you definitely need to get them to use the litter because that way mom does have to clean them. Their poops get really bad once they start eating food.

What I usually do is at around 4.5-5 weeks, I put a small plate of Royal Canin Babycat. I like it because the kibble is super tiny, so they don't have any trouble eating it. The only trouble you'll have is that mama cats seem to like it too!
I usually start out offering it once or twice a day, and place kittens next to it to see who goes for it. Mama usually eats most of it. When some of them start eating, that's when I put in a litterbox. When most of them are eating it, I start leaving enough so they can free feed. I'll also introduce some kitten canned food.

Anyway, that's how I do it. Like most things, there are probably about as many ways to wean a kitten as there are kittens!