Name Suggestions????

seasaltysiren

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

So we are taking on our current kittens litter mate. The one we already have is named Gypsy Rose. Im wanting a name for this new kitten to be tied in somehow to Gypsy's name... shes a gray girl withdiluted orange markings on her.

jbessey9121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What about "Esmeralda"? It's the name of the character in the Hunchback of Notre Dame book/movie. Her father was 100% Romani (gypsy) and even though her mother was French, Esmeralda generally looked & acted the gypsy part.
You could even connect the middle names, by using another flower name. "Lily, Hazel, Sage, Iris, Ivy"

Just a couple of my thoughts -- hopefully these suggestions help in your name search! Beautiful kittens also, they are beyond adorable. Have fun!

playwithfire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really like jbessey9121's ideas, especially Esmeralda.

If you're interested in Romani (Gypsy) names, there's a lot of ideas with a bit of googling. If you want to try to tie that in with flowers, there are some names like Florica (which is apparently some variant of the Romanian word for "flower") or Luludja (meaning "flower of life" and you could just nickname her 'Lulu'?)

Or is Gypsy Rose a reference to Gypsy Rose Lee (Gypsy)? If you want to stick with different real-life people and/or characters, perhaps you could look into other names from plays and such? Or go with Esmeralda.

In any case, you have a very cute little girl there!

eta: formatting difficulties..

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

seasaltysiren

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! Right now her name is "Mysti" short for Mystical, but we just picked her up today and i'm not 100% on it.  I love Esmeralda, but I think it's a bit too long, and my husband is a picky guy lol.