Name suggestions!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, my mom has a new kitty. She's a tortoiseshell (the one from this thread; http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218095 . Fortunately she's mellowed a lot and isn't attacking anymore. Much
). Her name is currently Savannah but we don't want to keep that because we know a little girl named Savannah. Although my mom's cats do usually have human-type names....

The other cats are Sonja, Roxy, and Fiona. And Niji and Fritzi, though they came along before the "human name" trend (they're nearly 21). Savannah is kind of a funny-looking tortie, with half her face in tan and the other half black. She likes to sit up like a meerkat. And she likes to scratch people

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My tortie was given the name Snickers by her previous owners, and we kept that. If you really want to stick to human-style names, two female names I've had in mind but not used are Nadia and Valerie.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some name suggestions:

Ayla
Brielle
Cicely
Demi
Emmaline
Felicity
Greta
Halle
Ivy
Jade
Kaleah (Kay-lea-ah)
Lola
Margot
Nia
Ophelia
Petra
Quinn
Rory
Sasha
Trina
Vivvie
Willa
Zinnia

My pets are typically given human names as well and so this list was easy for me to put together. But, rest assured, I'll likely add more. I love brainstorming on names!

Oh, and congrats to your mom for adopting a new kitty...even if she is mean and likes to scratch

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a difficult evening, but, for whatever reason, thinking up names for your mother's newly adopted cat is helping to keep me sane. So, while I apologize for bombarding you with a ton of name suggestions, here are some more:

Anya
Aubrey
Ava
Bea
Briony
Brooklynn
Cadence
Caragh
Carly
Dahlia
Daphne
Dora
Eliza
Estrella
Evie
Finley
Flynn
Freya
Genevieve
Giselle
Gwyneth
Hadley
Harper
Hazel
Imogen
Isla (Eye-la)
Itzel
Jasmine
Jolene
Josie
Kaia
Katerina
Kiara
Laurel
Lexie
Lucia
Mallory
Mariah
Matilda
Neveah
Nikita
Nora
Odessa
Olivia
Orianna
Paisley
Penelope
Piper
Raina
Reese
Rhianna
Samara
Shasta
Shiloh
Talia
Tasha
Teagan
Vera
Veronica
Villy
Whitley
Wrenn
Wynne (Win)
Zara
Zoe
Zola

I know that's a lot of names, but it really did help distract me from everything going on in my life right now. And, hopefully, there will be a name that sticks out as "the one" for the new kitty in your mother's life. I tried to choose names out of the ordinary, but I grew tired by the end
. Either way, even if they're not a help to you now, perhaps they will be for someone in the future!

cmedeiros17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

Too bad it's a girl kitty. I always wanted to name a moody boy "Edgar Allan Purr".

When I heard that she sits up like a meerkat I thought Ameera???

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my 1st cat was a tortie. i named her Medley because she was a medley of colors.
otoh, i dislike 'people' names for cats - i always choose something else!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, lots of great name suggestions here! I'll have to file some of them away for future use! I was thinking of Zoe, but.....

Funny thing is, we've been calling her Savvy and I think that's what's going to stick. Best laid plans.....

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have few in mind atm which aren't that common but suitable for a cat or a human:
Neela
Romy (shortened from Romilda)
Aurora
Ronya