Name Something....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dial tvs, rotary phones (my kids will probably never know the pain of catching your finger in one of those...), typewriters
I almost forgot- treadle-powered sewing machines
My mother has one; for decoration. :lol: It originally belonged to my Great Aunt so it's special to us.

The stove at our first place was harvest gold. DH and I bought appliance spray paint and painted it white. :lol:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Turntables and Long Playing vinyl Albums.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dial wall phones, telephone tables, avocado or turquoise appliances, ice cube trays, fuel oil tanks in the basement, wringer washers.
Our house is almost 30 years old and we have an oil tank in the basement. Something from my childhood I don't see now is ashtrays in the homes. Hardly anyone smokes anymore (THANK HEAVENS!!)

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
VCR
Wooden console tv with a dial
Rotary phone (none of my friends knew how to use it, apparently my house was the only one that didn't upgrade in the late 80s-90s to button (but still plug-in) phones.)
Wallpaper in every room. I really dont see wallpaper much these days.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice picks, church keys (bottle openers), glass milk bottles with cardboard stoppers, 78 rpm records, the little discs that went into the center of a 45 rpm record, party line telephones, bean bag chairs (although I saw one at Costco the other day for $680!), aspic salads, molded Jell-O salads with fruit or other things in them, homemade kites, Buster Brown shoes, penny loafers, saddle oxfords, skywriter airplanes, flour and water paste, salt volcano school projects, baby scales, and colored chicks at Easter.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice picks, church keys (bottle openers), glass milk bottles with cardboard stoppers, 78 rpm records, the little discs that went into the center of a 45 rpm record, party line telephones, bean bag chairs (although I saw one at Costco the other day for $680!), aspic salads, molded Jell-O salads with fruit or other things in them, homemade kites, Buster Brown shoes, penny loafers, saddle oxfords, skywriter airplanes, flour and water paste, salt volcano school projects, baby scales, and colored chicks at Easter.
My mother used to make a circular mold using lime jello with cottage cheese mixed in.

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still have a rotary phone here. I got it from a model when I was doing retro themed photography. Of course it's not hooked up but it looks cool anyway.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first memory of our telephone was that there were no area codes or 7 digit numbers. There were 2 letters and then 4 numbers that you used. Also, there were real, live operators.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slide projectors and 8 mm cameras and movie projectors. Portable 45 rpm record players. Brownie Kodaks. Roller skates with keys. Portable salon-type hair dryers. Fountain pens.

My grandmother had an icebox. The iceman delivered a block of ice two or three times a week.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Manual typewriters. My father was a minister and on Saturday nights he would be typing his sermon.

Also, tin bathtubs that you filled with hot water from the stove. (That is going back but I have been a senior for a while now) We had one until I was maybe 5 or so. We kept it and in the summer we would fill it with water in the morning. Then by afternoon the water would be just right to splash in. That was our backyard swimming pool.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Manual typewriters. My father was a minister and on Saturday nights he would be typing his sermon.

Also, tin bathtubs that you filled with hot water from the stove. (That is going back but I have been a senior for a while now) We had one until I was maybe 5 or so. We kept it and in the summer we would fill it with water in the morning. Then by afternoon the water would be just right to splash in. That was our backyard swimming pool.
That's how we took our baths- in a corner of the kitchen, using a galvanized wash tub, and with 2 chairs with a blanket draped over them for some privacy.