Name something you can't do.....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't drive in big cities. After a trip to Denver years ago, I will NEVER go back. All those cars pulling right over on top of you, 6 lanes going 70 MPH, NO THANKS!
I never get on freeways, I've always managed to find back ways to get where I need to go, and if I can't, I don't go. A couple years ago I had to visit husband in the hospital, quite far away, at night. I took Uber, and was terrified with how they were driving (like everyone else on the highway).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to use the interstates and heavily-used state highways here, because if you get in an accident on a back road it'll be HOURS (if not days) before someone finds you and calls 911. I've been told that I drive on city highways well but I never thought it was anything remarkable. Just stay in between the cars and don't do anything dumb, lol.

I can't do anything involving grace, agility, or physical coordination. I can't dance, at all. I have no idea how anyone can play different things with different hands on the piano. My brain just doesn't work that way.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea how anyone can play different things with different hands on the piano.
I took piano for a year and my teacher told me to quit, no sense going on. It took me too long to look at the note, then my hands, and figure out what to push. I was so slow, it didn't even sound like a song.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can wink my left eye, but not my right.
I feel like I can wink my left eye, but if I look in the mirror my right lid is down so far it may as well be closed, and right eye is a complete no go.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can wink left but not right.

I can drive in big cities but I hate it. Atlanta sucks but I have to do it a few times a year. The worst was before cell GPS and we knew we had an exit in a mile and we were on the far right like ALL RESPECTABLE EXITS ARE and at the last second realized we needed to cross 6 lanes to far left. LoL

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can wink left but not right.

I can drive in big cities but I hate it. Atlanta sucks but I have to do it a few times a year. The worst was before cell GPS and we knew we had an exit in a mile and we were on the far right like ALL RESPECTABLE EXITS ARE and at the last second realized we needed to cross 6 lanes to far left. LoL
I've only driven through Atlanta via the interstate. I too cringe when I have too drive through a large city. Fortunately in my case mostly the cities that I drive now have population under 100k. So the stress level is much less.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind freeways except when it is bumper to bumper and close to gridlock. I don't like driving downtown though. Fortunately, I very rarely have to go downtown. For a very long time I have only had to go downtown when I have jury duty.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Make the Vulcan greeting with my right hand. I can make it on my left hand, but not my right. (When Covid hit and we no longer shook hands, my family doctor and I started making the Vulcan greeting.)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Open the provided plastic produce bags at the supermarket to put produce inside :cringe: I can never get those bags open, even if I wet my finger first. It's no problem pulling off a bag off the roll. It's trying to open the bag that makes me :censored::gaah::frustrated:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Open the provided plastic produce bags at the supermarket to put produce inside :cringe: I can never get those bags open, even if I wet my finger first. It's no problem pulling off a bag off the roll. It's trying to open the bag that makes me :censored::gaah::frustrated:
I use my alcohol hand sanitizer spray to wet my hand and then open the bag. The alternative is to find the heavy bags they use for sweet corn - they open much easier.