name recognition?

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wearymicrobe

Scooby respondes and I am not making this up "stupid", always when dealing with her its "stupid cat why did you turn over the water dish".

So all I have to do is yelled STUPID dinner time and she comes running. Its really really funny.
My neighbor's late cat was named "Stupid." She had a different name at first, but after she pulled the same trick twice that almost got her killed, they re-named her Stupid. She must not have been too stupid, though, as she lived to age 22 as an indoor-outdoor cat.

Now my dogs I can say "go find mom" or "wake up sami" and off they go, they know exactly what I am telling them, my cats possibly know but they don't care unless it has something to do with food.
My cats are indoor-outdoor and twice when Red Cat didn't come home after I'd called him about three times over a period of about half an hour, I told Purdy "Go find Red Cat." He went off somewhere and was back with Red Cat within 10 or 15 minutes. It might have just been circumstantial, but I do have to wonder.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
chloe didnt know her name until id had her about 3 mos *she'd had another name but im pretty sure she was never played with that much to recognize it)
i kept calling her (and getting onto her lol) and one day she was sitting there and *click* she recognized it. the look on her face just said "oooh THATS my name" hahahaha however, she thought her name was CHLOE NO!! for the longest time. she wont come to "kitty," only Chloe

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jinx and Charcoal know their names, Oskar doesn't but Sage knows her nickname so she will look at me as soon as I say it.