Name one house chore

misskalamata

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm amazed nobody mentioned shoveling. That's certainly my least favorite right now.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ironing, hate it, don't do it unless absolutely necessary. Also the dishes, I will get my dish washer this year

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
cooking hands down. I can cook I just hate to cook. So most stuff is basic. I do love to go out to eat that way I dont have to be the one cooking the stuff. enough said.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh i love ironing i stand doing it in the middle of the sitting room watching tv

dishes i do for fun i love dusting coz i love the smell of the polish, i had laminate floors i used to sweep for fun didnt mind clearing the litter trays

thats it i got it i am strange

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Nikki? We need to live next to each other. I will fold your clothes if you will clean my litter box and scrub my toilet.
Happily!!!
(Now we just have to figure out how to move you to Memphis
) Most days that would be a lovely arrangement imo!

I was quite emotional when I got home from class a little while ago (blaming this one on pms
) And I actually broke down and folded laundry
People that know me can always tell if I'm angry or upset because that's the only time I'll automatically clean EVERYTHING (and fold laundry) on a binge

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely the dishes.
When we bought the house, DH and I decided the dishwasher was a must because we're both awful at doing them.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great topic!

At the moment, mine is the litter boxes!! Sorry, Evie! See, I'm pregnant, so not supposed to... But hubby does a LOUSY job! So sometimes I have to... And take all these INSANE precautions (even though I doubt there's really much of a risk), which makes it not only scary and something I shouldn't do anyway, but then makes it a pain, too!!

Normally, and get this... It's cleaning the (my...) hair out of the drains.
I swear I shed worse than both dogs and the cat combined... So always have to clear the hair out. We have those hair catching things... Just makes me puke! And to think, all that was on my head not that long ago.

How's that for an odd ball chore?? It's just my pet peeve, and hubby has the hardest time understanding...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate washing floors in the bathrooms ..somehow they are most disgusting.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh i love ironing i stand doing it in the middle of the sitting room watching tv

dishes i do for fun i love dusting coz i love the smell of the polish, i had laminate floors i used to sweep for fun didnt mind clearing the litter trays

thats it i got it i am strange
Ummm...Ashley, want a job???

For all the dish hating folk out there, let me say 2 words....PAPER PLATES!! (I hate them to, so that's why we should have stock in a paper company).

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the litterboxes. I've always hated it, but ever since my gastric-band surgery, it's become much more unpleasant, because bad smells make me nauseous very easily now. I have to wear a surgical mask and glove up like I'm doing hazardous waste disposal...

The kitties are well worth it, though.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i don't like shredding but sadly it's necessary due to the risk of identity theft. i don't like cleaning floors too much either
laundry's a drag

litter is easy imo. the other tasks i find easy are scrubbing the commode, cleaning the sinks, cleaning the inside of the refrigerator. dusting is okay for me.

oh i have a funny story. sort of. back in 1994 i lived with 2 others. jay and stacy. stacy and i actually liked doing dishes (we had no dishwasher). jay hated dishes, so he never had to even wash a fork because the sink would always be empty because either stacy or i always did the dishes to relieve stress. jay had it goooooood LOL (come to think of it, i dont remember jay doing much housework at all!) nowadays i just run a dishwasher.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol well luckly i dont have to mention trash. The hubby takes care of that for me since i just about refuse to do it.

I HATE doing laundry!

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely one of the people who can throw laundry in, move it to the dryer.. that doesn't bother me at all.

but I HATE folding it! Usually I do all of the laundry and my girlfriend folds most of it.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually I just hate the folding of the laundry, not now that ive moved to an apartment with no washer dryer i have to go to the dreaded LAUNDROMAT *cries a little* i hate hate hate it.

And i know we were supposed to list just one, but number two on my list is dishes. I offer the hubby to swap all chores for him to just do the dishes and take out the trash. Ill clean, dust, vaccume, do the bathroom bed room and office, and sweep if he will JUST do the dishes!