Name help please for my new kitty

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HI

I got my new baby today,she is 12 weeks old and was from a lady who fosters for a local rescue.She was born on a farm,the rescue got the babies and then trapped the mum,spayed the mum but unfortunately she rejected the babies so they were hand reared,mum has been re-homed and I have this beautiful little girl.I haven't got any pics as she is hiding under the sofa at the minute,I don't know what to do I think maybe just leave her until she feels she wants to come out?

She hasn't got a name though so I want some help please,the lady who fostered her called her tia but she said she didn't know her name at all,I would like to name her something christmassy but feminine and pretty like her.I promise I will post pics as soon as I can and when she is more comfortable with me but for now this little lady needs a name.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

xx

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cookie? Angel? Fruitcake? (
 kidding about that one, but I could see myself naming a kitty that!) You are VERY brave adopting a 12 week old cat at Christmas. Tree, tinsel, ornaments, packages...you don't need to get toys for her! lol. Honestly, I think you just made your family complete. She will come out eventually and discover what a wonderful meowmy she has. I can't wait to see pics when she does!!! 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does she look like?

I would avoid any Christmas names lol- but that's just my thought

How about Flicka or Sarabi (female lioness from lion king), Kiara?

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Holly, Bell, Joy, Spirit ( like Christmas spirit) or Merry. That way they are still Christmas themed but also are pretty and don't sound overly Christmas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cookie? Angel? Fruitcake? (
 kidding about that one, but I could see myself naming a kitty that!) You are VERY brave adopting a 12 week old cat at Christmas. Tree, tinsel, ornaments, packages...you don't need to get toys for her! lol. Honestly, I think you just made your family complete. She will come out eventually and discover what a wonderful meowmy she has. I can't wait to see pics when she does!!! 

Thanks for everones suggestions,I have decided to call her Angel.Not too christmassy and it really suits her.I was worried about the xmas decorations and especially about the tree as Smartie used to knock it over 3-4 times a day
 We will just have to see how it goes.x

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::clap: Congratulations, Ruthy, on our new baby Angel..... I had some suggestions too but a little late getting here. :lol3: Noel - Snowy - Kringle - I always wanted a cat named Kringle - HMMMMM - maybe someday :lol2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Ruthy, on our new baby Angel..... I had some suggestions too but a little late getting here.
Noel - Snowy - Kringle - I always wanted a cat named Kringle - HMMMMM - maybe someday

Awww thank you hun,angel just seems to suit her so well.Never say never with another kitty,I really didn't think I would ever get one but what will be will be.x

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for everones suggestions,I have decided to call her Angel.Not too christmassy and it really suits her.I was worried about the xmas decorations and especially about the tree as Smartie used to knock it over 3-4 times a day
 We will just have to see how it goes.x
If she takes after Smartie, I bet you'll nickname her Fruitcake! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I want a new kitty just so I can name it Fruitcake! How sick am I???
:flail: OMG I love the name Fruitcake :lol3: You are not sick but if I eat a Fruitcake or even think of a Fruitcake I will be sick :lol2: STILL love that name - now I want a Kringle and a Fruitcake : D:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I love the name Fruitcake
You are not sick but if I eat a Fruitcake or even think of a Fruitcake I will be sick
STILL love that name - now I want a Kringle and a Fruitcake : D:clap:
We have a beautiful dark tortie that kind of looks like a fruitcake, and a white and cream siamese mix that could be named Kringle if you want them! I will be glad to arrange transportation!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Angel! :heart3:

I always wanted a cat named Kringle - HMMMMM - maybe someday :lol2:
I know what you mean. I have the name Joy, for a cat, lodged in my brain, but I haven't met her yet. All my life I've wanted a cat named Joy, so she must be coming, some day. My girls have all always been very definite about what their names are, so if there is to be a Joy in my life, she has not yet presented herself. :)

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course Angel is a perfect name ---- and I'm not just saying that because we have an Angel!   (well maybe I am!).

Our Angel isn't always an "Angel" --- sometimes we call her "Devil" ---- but we love her all the same!