Nalas Lost Kittens

Nalakittycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my name is rose and Nala my Sphynx cat had 5 kittens after a CPL of days I noticed they were not nursing so I started to bottle feed them 2 days after I started to bottle feed them two of them died within a couple hours of each other and then there were 3 two of them was doing great with the bottle but the runt milk was coming out of his nose I took him to the vet and the vet told me he was aspirating and gave me some antibiotic for him and told me to tube feed him so I did he was doing so much better after a few days then one morning everything went downhill one more died then the following day the last 2 died within a couple of hours of each other I don't understand what went wrong? I kept them warm fed them every 3 hours and kept mama cat with them at all times I noticed that 4 kittens
IMG_20180708_094559.jpg
IMG_20180708_094516.jpg
had a black tongue can anybody tell me what may have happened or if anybody has seen this before ? I was able to take a picture of one of the dead kitten's tongue

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kmr did you use? Im wondering if it could be some fault on the kmr...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In powder? Its a good brand much better than theirs premixed liquid.

Thus still no answer on what went so awfully wrong...

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the black tongue, maybe your vet can shed some light. I do know that you can do everything right for the kittens and you can still lose them. So sorry for you and the mama cat.