Nala Ava Marie scheduled to be spayed on January 19.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her belly still looks kinda funny but her incision is pale pink, not bright red or irritated, no swelling. She's feisty, she's wanting to play! She was so cute & cuddly last night. No biting or attacks! She's only got one more dose of medication left. She's not acting as if she's hurting. When I cleaned her litter boxes I can tell she's been going potty! Her appetite is good. I wonder how long it's going to take her fur to grow back?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is all fantastic news! [emoji]127881[/emoji][emoji]127880[/emoji][emoji]128165[/emoji]

It's been so long since I had a cat spayed that I don't remember how long it takes for the hair to grow back. [emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji][emoji]10067[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to get a picture of her tummy but she's not cooperating. Lol. Glad it won't be too long before her fur grows back. [emoji]128571[/emoji] Did Pea-Pea get her energy back right away? Nala has been back to normal with her activities and playing!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the first two days she was home she took it a bit easy. After that though, she was definitely playing more and wrestling with the kittens. Thankfully she didn't start leaping up tall buildings until after her stitches came out (because that girl can JUMP!). She actually hasn't been to the point where she's jumped up on top of the shower door, but I'm perfectly ok with that. 

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie had the glue sutures so she doesn't have to have stitches removed. Her stitches should just dissolve. She's is going to love it tonight. It's just going to be her & I. Dale is going to work so I get to devote 100% of my attention to my beautiful kitty! [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128151[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet tech called early this morning, before I was even awake to check on Nala Ava Marie and find out how she's doing post-op. I'd say she's doing fine. She hasn't even had pain meds for a couple days now and is getting around fine. Her tummy is still funny looking but super cute! I never realized how baby pink her little belly is! [emoji]128151[/emoji] She's sleeping right now. I notice she's resting maybe slightly more than usual. Could she be healing as she's resting! Oh, she weighed 5 pounds, 1 ounce! The very first time we took her to the vet, after we first got her kitten formula she weighed 6 ounces! Not even half a pound, the second vet appointment she only weighed 10 ounces. The third vet appointment she was finally slightly over a pound so they could draw blood to test her for dangerous diseases. She tested negative. That was such a relief. At the time of her terrible accident she was only 2 or 3 pounds. I want her to grow and be healthy and strong but I hope she doesn't get too fat. The vet said at one point she wanted to see her gain about a pound each month but she's already slightly over 5 pounds and 4 1/2 months old. My daughter's cat Jax is a little over a year old and he weighs almost 11 pounds and to me, he looks pretty big. Her fat cat, 7 year old Jeremiah weighs a whopping 17 pounds! He's pretty muscular though. He's a gray tabby. Nala Ava Marie's birth Mother (whom we saw wandering around when she was pregnant) looked very small and petite except her pregnant tummy... I'm sure she did not have adequate nutrition though and was probably not too much older than Nala is now. I've cut back Nala's treats to 2-3 a day instead of 10-12 per day. I've read not to just free feed cats but actually I kind of do, I mean if I see her dish is empty, I fill it. It's actually a tiny, ceramic saucer, the scoop I use is 1/3 cup and I give her 3 scoops per day, sometimes 4 but then I notice she leaves some in the dish. Sometimes I just feed her when I notice her saucer is empty. In the mornings though, she meows at me for food.
The vet didn't say anything about her being too chunky or anything and I know she's a growing kitten. She's active and playful. I guess I should call them back and let them know she's getting along fine. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The vet tech called early this morning, before I was even awake to check on Nala Ava Marie and find out how she's doing post-op. I'd say she's doing fine. She hasn't even had pain meds for a couple days now and is getting around fine. Her tummy is still funny looking but super cute! I never realized how baby pink her little belly is! [emoji]128151[/emoji] She's sleeping right now. I notice she's resting maybe slightly more than usual. Could she be healing as she's resting! Oh, she weighed 5 pounds, 1 ounce! The very first time we took her to the vet, after we first got her kitten formula she weighed 6 ounces! Not even half a pound, the second vet appointment she only weighed 10 ounces. The third vet appointment she was finally slightly over a pound so they could draw blood to test her for dangerous diseases. She tested negative. That was such a relief. At the time of her terrible accident she was only 2 or 3 pounds. I want her to grow and be healthy and strong but I hope she doesn't get too fat. The vet said at one point she wanted to see her gain about a pound each month but she's already slightly over 5 pounds and 4 1/2 months old. My daughter's cat Jax is a little over a year old and he weighs almost 11 pounds and to me, he looks pretty big. Her fat cat, 7 year old Jeremiah weighs a whopping 17 pounds! He's pretty muscular though. He's a gray tabby. Nala Ava Marie's birth Mother (whom we saw wandering around when she was pregnant) looked very small and petite except her pregnant tummy... I'm sure she did not have adequate nutrition though and was probably not too much older than Nala is now. I've cut back Nala's treats to 2-3 a day instead of 10-12 per day. I've read not to just free feed cats but actually I kind of do, I mean if I see her dish is empty, I fill it. It's actually a tiny, ceramic saucer, the scoop I use is 1/3 cup and I give her 3 scoops per day, sometimes 4 but then I notice she leaves some in the dish. Sometimes I just feed her when I notice her saucer is empty. In the mornings though, she meows at me for food.
The vet didn't say anything about her being too chunky or anything and I know she's a growing kitten. She's active and playful. I guess I should call them back and let them know she's getting along fine. [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️
It sounds like Nala Ava Marie is doing great! 
  And that she has a good vet, having someone check in on her.  I'm not sure you need to worry about over feeding her at this point - from what I read in the Pregnant Cat and Kitten forum, growing kittens need food available all the time.   Still it is easier to keep a cat from getting fat than to get one to slim down.  I speak from the experience of trying to put 18 pound Paul on a diet.  This boy does love his food!  Anyway, great news about Nala!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, I bet Paul is adorable! [emoji]128571[/emoji] My daughter's cat Jax, the young one has not been neutered yet and my daughter said he sprayed for the first time 1-2 weeks ago! Jeremiah, her big cat was neutered when he was still a kitten. Jeremiah is 17 pounds! [emoji]128571[/emoji] They cut back his food a little, try to get him to be more active but he hasn't really lost any weight yet.