Nakita and I could use all your vibes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Nakita isn't doing better, I am sending mega prayers and healthy vibes to Nakita.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't posted much during this holiday season, but you & Nakita are always in my thoughts & prayers...
here's some vibes they find the main problem & it's fixable

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You all continue in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery

foster momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't been on here for a very long time, since about a year and half ago when I lost my baby but I remember Nikita with those amazing eyes.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both, I hope that she will be all right.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that Nakita is still having problems. Here's more {{{healing}}} and {{{please eat Nakita}}} vibes. Hugs to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys for checking in.

Test results came back.

She tested negative for Hemobartonellosis, her red blood cell level went up to 23%, her fever is gone,her blood protein levels are way up, and the rest of the results show her to have chronic inflammation.

The vet has sent one final test, to see if she has FIP. High protein levels and chronic inflammation are both indicators of possible FIP. We'll have the results tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.

She's stopped eating again. Looks like her stomach is irritated and she doesn't want to eat. I've noticed her licking her lips more and that usually indicates stomach upset. Force feeding is horrible and now she's hiding again. As you can tell, we're both miserable and just want to have and end to these problems.

So, I get to wait some more.....and patience is not one of my strengths, by any means.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Continued healing vibes to Nakita, and hugs and calming vibes to you both

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just catching this thread now...sorry I'm so behind on Nakita. I'm sending lots of prayers and hugs to both of you...sounds like you certainly could use them.

Since Nakita is a pedigree Russian Blue, did you get her from a breeder? If so, I'm wondering if the breeder shouldn't be contacted regarding all of Nakita's health issues right now...if for some reason her issues point to a genetically-related health problem, I'm wondering if this breeder shouldn't re-examine her breeding program to help her eliminate such issues in future litters...if Nakita is indeed from a breeder. If she's not, just ignore all of my blatherings. Plus, if it does turn out to be FIP (which truthfully, I don't know a lot about), I have no idea if that's a genetically-based thing or not...

Four years old is so terribly young to be experiencing any of this...but we're all pulling for her, and for you! Hang in there, and we'll get you through this together!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed - although there is no definitive test for FIP, so not quite sure what your vet is testing for. If she is only testing the titre level, there is a chance that it can be high but no FIP - and 4 is the wrong age group for it, it normally only affects under 18mo and seniors. I do hope they can find the reason for it though, and I think contacting the breeder is a good suggestion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

She tested negative for Hemobartonellosis, her red blood cell level went up to 23%, her fever is gone,her blood protein levels are way up, and the rest of the results show her to have chronic inflammation.
After Rob came home last night he told me in more detail about the call with the vet. I didn't speak directly with her yesterday, but Rob spoke with her.

The vet mentioned that the high blood protein levels could result in chronic inflammation, not that Nakita necessarily has chronic inflammation at this stage.

I'll be speaking with the vet when the next test results are in. I know that FIP testing is inconclusive, so I'm not sure what can be gained for testing Nakita.

Originally Posted by Foster Momma

haven't been on here for a very long time, since about a year and half ago when I lost my baby but I remember Nikita with those amazing eyes.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both, I hope that she will be all right.
That made me smile! She does have magical eyes and as beautiful a soul as her eyes reflect. Thanks so much for dropping by and keeping us in your thoughts/prayers. I'm sorry you lost your furkid last year.

to everyone for helping me through this.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, I sure hope you and Nakita get some answers soon.

I don't think she's hiding because she's mad at you. I think she just doesn't feel well, and if she's anemic, she's probably tired all the time. She still loves you!

Status
Not open for further replies.